LORs via USAJobs Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
3|ink

Platinum

LORs via USAJobs

Post by 3|ink » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:48 pm

I'm applying for a job via USAjobs that requires submitting a letter of recommendation with the application. I don't know if that means I am supposed to submit my LOR with my application or if I am supposed to have my recommender submit the LOR to USAJobs. Does anyone know if USAJobs does that sort of thing?

encore1101

Silver

Re: LORs via USAJobs

Post by encore1101 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:06 pm

3|ink wrote:I'm applying for a job via USAjobs that requires submitting a letter of recommendation with the application. I don't know if that means I am supposed to submit my LOR with my application or if I am supposed to have my recommender submit the LOR to USAJobs. Does anyone know if USAJobs does that sort of thing?
Pretty sure the LOR is supposed to be included with the application.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:49 pm

encore1101 wrote:
3|ink wrote:I'm applying for a job via USAjobs that requires submitting a letter of recommendation with the application. I don't know if that means I am supposed to submit my LOR with my application or if I am supposed to have my recommender submit the LOR to USAJobs. Does anyone know if USAJobs does that sort of thing?
So my recommender sends me the letter directly? Doesn't that seem weird to you?

encore1101

Silver

Post by encore1101 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:19 pm

3|ink wrote:
encore1101 wrote:

Nope. I've had LOR-writers send me the letter they wrote for scholarships and job applications because the LOR was a requirement for a "complete" application.

edit: That's what I've done unless the instructions say to have the recommender e-mail the interviewer directly. I think having the LORer send the letter to you directly makes more sense than having the LORer send the letter separately from the application.
Last edited by encore1101 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:22 pm

3|ink wrote:
encore1101 wrote:
I think that's how the rest of the universe, outside LSAC, does it. :? The whole extra step is just a PITA for something that a lot of job apps don't even require.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”