Title company job? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
p. rex

New

Title company job?

Post by p. rex » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:14 pm

Hey all,

I'm a 2L who's interested in probate law and is thinking of putting in for a job with a title company. I searched the forums and couldn't find much about this kind of work. Is this a depressing, soul-crushing job with limited exit opportunities, or is it something potentially worth considering? In that vein, does anyone have any experience with working as a trust officer at a bank? Not many formal internships available in that business, but I'm working the angles and have a line that could turn into something.

Background info: Top third GPA (roughly) at a lower T20, on a better secondary journal. I was gunning for PI but really enjoyed Wills and Estates and am trying to gin up opportunities in that area. No debt, and no particular need to get rich -- just want an interesting job.

Platinum

Re: Title company job?

Post by 2014 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:20 pm

I worked with title companies a bunch when I paralegal'd before law school and everyone working their seemed to be pretty happy. I can't think of a more mechanical or repetitive niche you could go into, but the hours are great and it would be relatively low stress. I imagine your exit opportunities are very limited, but it would be useful to any real estate group I guess.

p. rex

New

Re: Title company job?

Post by p. rex » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:33 pm

Thanks, 2014. I expected to hear that it's dull, repetitive work, which isn't a plus, but at least we're not talking about sweatshops. Anybody know about working as a trust officer?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”