Gov't Agencies Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
M&ADE

New

Gov't Agencies

Post by M&ADE » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:45 am

Number of interns/clerks hired per year per agency?
Last edited by M&ADE on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: FDIC (DC - Legal) Hiring Pathways Intern/Clerk

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:26 pm

M&ADE wrote:An FYI for anyone interested in a paid legal clerk position with the FDIC:

Announcement Number: 2013-HQP-0154
Vacancy Description: Pathways Intern - Law Clerk CG-0999-7/9 (Temporary Appointment NTE 09/30/14)
Open Period 1/17/14 – 2/10/14
For Outside Applicants

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/359554000

From prior experience, base pay for these positions (starting at CG-7) is around $20 + locality adjustment per hour. I'm currently doing the program at one of the regional offices while going to law school, so I wanted to pass this along. PM me if you have any questions about it.
TYFT.

I don't know this pathway program. Are these potentially temp to hire positions?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
M&ADE wrote:An FYI for anyone interested in a paid legal clerk position with the FDIC:

Announcement Number: 2013-HQP-0154
Vacancy Description: Pathways Intern - Law Clerk CG-0999-7/9 (Temporary Appointment NTE 09/30/14)
Open Period 1/17/14 – 2/10/14
For Outside Applicants

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/359554000

From prior experience, base pay for these positions (starting at CG-7) is around $20 + locality adjustment per hour. I'm currently doing the program at one of the regional offices while going to law school, so I wanted to pass this along. PM me if you have any questions about it.
TYFT.

I don't know this pathway program. Are these potentially temp to hire positions?
FWIW, I was in the Pathways program but in a different gov't agency (DOL -- regional office)

I really loved the program. They were really flexible with my hours around law school, let me get health insurance + other benefits. It is basically a long term internship with the potential for hire at the end of the program, as long as you dont mess up (I moved away so the hiring issue never came up). So yes, there was tedious grunt work involved, but I also got opportunities to do more relevant things to the agency. Hope that explains it, kind of?

M&ADE

New

Post by M&ADE » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote: TYFT.

From what I understand, the only post-grad hiring possibility is through the Honors program, for which the FDIC only has 3 slots for Legal each year (unless it is adjusted upward from past years). My experience doing the Pathway program has been great, and it has been very flexible with my school commitments. It was for an initial one-year term, but it may be extended beyond that into my last year of school. Great experience and in DC, you'll have the possibility of exposure to a wide variety of legal issues.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”