DOJ SLIP Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

DOJ SLIP

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:31 am

Wondering if anybody has heard of components hiring yet. Had interview with one last Tuesday, and a reference told me she was called this Monday. Got the usual line about timing (you'll know when you know, 2-3 weeks, 28 days to decide etc). But I wanted to see what anybody else was experiencing.

Anonymous User

Re: DOJ SLIP

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:11 pm

I have not heard of any offers for employment yet, and I also had an interview last week. If you don't mind, what component(s) are you waiting on/what component was your reference contacted for? Antitrust/Tax/FBOP? To my knowledge, none of my references have been contacted yet, but you and I might not be waiting on the same components.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:29 am

I have not heard of any offers for employment yet, and I also had an interview last week. If you don't mind, what component(s) are you waiting on/what component was your reference contacted for? Antitrust/Tax/FBOP? To my knowledge, none of my references have been contacted yet, but you and I might not be waiting on the same components.
OP here. It was for Antitrust.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here. It was for Antitrust.
My interview was with FBOP. Sounds like things are good for both of us, so far.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:42 pm

In case you did not notice, they amended the application timelines on the website after the government shutdown:

SLIP Deadlines & Key Dates
• July 31 – Application Opens
• Early September (day after Labor Day) – Application Deadline
• Early October – Interview Candidates Selected
• Mid. Oct – early Nov. – Telephone Interviews
• Late Nov. – January – February – Offers Extended

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:28 am

I'm also waiting to hear back from Antitrust. Do you know if they called all of your references or just some?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:12 pm

I've heard that Antitrust offers are out; did anyone hear anything yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've heard that Antitrust offers are out; did anyone hear anything yet?
I haven’t heard anything-Deana posted on the community page that DC and Chicago have designated finalists. I applied for DC but am still sitting on “Selected for Consideration for Employment.” I guess that means I am not going to be selected, but her comments so far have been unclear.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:28 pm

My status just updated to "Finalist." Does anyone know what that means? Does finalist mean that you got the job, or is there another interview?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:22 am

I'm wondering if anybody is having a similar experience with SLIP's OCIJ or BOP components:

OCIJ
All 3 of my references were contacted 10 days ago and provided recommendations. My status changed to "Finalist" this week, but I did not receive an email notifying me of the change. I haven't heard anything else.
Does anyone know of SLIP-OCIJ finalists receiving offers? Does anyone know of SLIP-OCIJ finalists having references contacted?

BOP
A classmate is in the same boat with the SLIP-BOP. He had 2 interviews. His status changed to "Finalist" but no word beyond that.
Does anyone know of SLIP-BOP finalists receiving offers?

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:05 pm

I had the same experience. All of my references were contacted and status changed to finalist but haven't been contacted by anyone. Trying to figure out what being a "finalist" means.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had the same experience. All of my references were contacted and status changed to finalist but haven't been contacted by anyone. Trying to figure out what being a "finalist" means.
Same. OCIJ?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”