Continue gov externship or find other gov work for summer? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Continue gov externship or find other gov work for summer?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:00 pm

I'm doing a government externship right now (think government agency or Atty General's office). My supervisor told me they would be willing to let me extend my externship into the summer. I don't have a firm job lined up for 2L summer (bad grades) and the people I work with are definitely good contacts to have. I am hoping that this experience will help me find a job post-graduation.

Is there any drawback to continuing my externship? I'd basically be doing a year long externship and then a summer internship at the same place. It would be awesome if anyone familiar with government hiring could weigh in. Thanks!

nomdeplumeify

New

Re: Continue gov externship or find other gov work for summer?

Post by nomdeplumeify » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:36 pm

Do you have a chance of being extended employment at this agency if you work there during the summer?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”