Any reason to care about 3L grades? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Any reason to care about 3L grades?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:04 am

I'm at a T10. Will be starting at a V100 next year. My grades are decent but I don't think even if I got straight As that I could make Latin honors at this point. I want to position myself as best I can to make the second career move, whether it be going in-house, lateraling, switching to another type of law, or just being ready to find anything in case of layoffs.

That said, is it at all worth putting in the effort to do as best I can academically? If not, what else could I be doing to ensure I'm going to perform well at my firm and/or be ready to make the next career move? I realize I am not going to have this much time again for a while.

Agent

Bronze

Re: Any reason to care about 3L grades?

Post by Agent » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:49 pm

I recommend that you devote most of your time to strengthening relationships with classmates, alums, and attorneys in your field (area of law & geography). And consider writing an article for a newsletter or trade publication. IMO, don't worry about busting it for Latin honors—just don't fail anything. HTH.
Anonymous User wrote:I'm at a T10. Will be starting at a V100 next year. My grades are decent but I don't think even if I got straight As that I could make Latin honors at this point. I want to position myself as best I can to make the second career move, whether it be going in-house, lateraling, switching to another type of law, or just being ready to find anything in case of layoffs.

That said, is it at all worth putting in the effort to do as best I can academically? If not, what else could I be doing to ensure I'm going to perform well at my firm and/or be ready to make the next career move? I realize I am not going to have this much time again for a while.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”