recorded video "interview" Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

recorded video "interview"

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:51 pm

I applied for an in house 2L summer internship, and was invited to do a recorded video "interview":

"In this recorded video interview you will respond to job specific questions from [Company]. Other candidates applying for the position will answer the same questions. After you finish, we will review your responses and contact you regarding next steps."

So, there's no one on the other end. I can record it anytime within the next week or so. Anyone ever do one of these? Do I treat it as a normal interview, or do my best Elle Woods impression? It sounds TTT.

Anonymous User

Re: recorded video "interview"

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I applied for an in house 2L summer internship, and was invited to do a recorded video "interview":

"In this recorded video interview you will respond to job specific questions from [Company]. Other candidates applying for the position will answer the same questions. After you finish, we will review your responses and contact you regarding next steps."

So, there's no one on the other end. I can record it anytime within the next week or so. Anyone ever do one of these? Do I treat it as a normal interview, or do my best Elle Woods impression? It sounds TTT.
Not sure if there is a real question here... Take it seriously if you want the job. Sounds like they are farming out the screener expense to you, the candidate.

dixiecupdrinking

Gold

Post by dixiecupdrinking » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:24 pm

Think of it like a cover letter that you have to put on a tie for.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:32 am

Anonymous User wrote:I applied for an in house 2L summer internship, and was invited to do a recorded video "interview":

I just did this interview, and it's not that bad. The questions are generic but what you would expect from a screener (i.e. why this company, how does your background fit this job, etc.). I did get the vibe from the company that they want to see personality/uniqueness but not Elle Woods video interview style, so I treated it as a normal interview. I would prepare a little outline to glance at in the 30 seconds you get to prepare for each question.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:58 am

Which company?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”