Receiving material/mail after accepting the offer? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
walnuto

New

Receiving material/mail after accepting the offer?

Post by walnuto » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:33 pm

So I accepted an offer by emailing the hiring partner over email. She and the recruiter responded, saying she was glad that I would be joining. Then it's been dead silence. Should I have received anything formal/anything for me to sign? Sort of worried that they just....forgot about me. This is a V10 BTW. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Receiving material/mail after accepting the offer?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:27 pm

I accepted at a V5 and all I've received is a letter confirming my offer and acceptance. There's nothing for me to sign, return, or otherwise acknowledge receipt. The recruiter said that I probably wouldn't hear from them until January and that I shouldn't be alarmed by the silence.

Anonymous User

Re: Receiving material/mail after accepting the offer?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:05 pm

On the other end of the spectrum, I accepted an offer and then received multiple forms to fill out from the HR person, who also said she will be in touch about the firm's holiday party.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”