Winston & Strawn Chicago Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Winston & Strawn Chicago

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:49 pm

Has anyone received an offer for next summer? Or received a ding post-CB? I was waiting to hear back from them before I made a decision regarding accepting another offer but since some time has passed, I'm ready to stop waiting and just accept the other one.

Anonymous User

Re: Winston & Strawn Chicago

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone received an offer for next summer? Or received a ding post-CB? I was waiting to hear back from them before I made a decision regarding accepting another offer but since some time has passed, I'm ready to stop waiting and just accept the other one.

Contact them and say that. I was in a similar situation, contactem, and had an offer by the end of hte day last year.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:02 pm

I had a CB on 9/16. Haven't heard anything since then.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:54 pm

CB last week, offer next day.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:00 pm

Given the recent Winston troubles, is anyone here choosing Winston over other offers? I really liked it there and I'm trying to justify accepting the offer...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:06 pm

I just got an offer. My callback was on 9/16.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Given the recent Winston troubles, is anyone here choosing Winston over other offers? I really liked it there and I'm trying to justify accepting the offer...
Haven't decided yet, but if I turn down Winston, it won't be because of the no-offer situation a couple years ago. They've decreased their class sizes since in an attempt to make sure their offer rate is as close to 100% as possible. I talked to a guy who summered there this year, and as far as he knows, everyone in all offices except for maybe ONE guy got an offer (and he probably found a way to earn his no-offer). In fact, I think the offer situation would be safer there, because they realllly don't want to ever have to do that again.

mbison

New

Post by mbison » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:06 pm

You may be right, but it's worth noting last year wasn't the first time Winston did this:

http://abovethelaw.com/2008/08/nationwi ... on-strawn/

http://abovethelaw.com/2009/11/further- ... -the-firm/

On the bright side, I know of at least a couple of the no-offered Winston summers from last year who managed to secure other biglaw jobs.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”