Latham (DC) or Fried Frank (NY) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Latham DC or Fried Frank NY

Latham
67%
Fried Frank
28%
Neither
6%
Wing It
No votes

Total votes: 18

Anonymous User

Latham (DC) or Fried Frank (NY)

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:48 pm

Might be obvious to my classmates who this is, but whatevs. Curious enough about feedback to risk that.

So, I'm relatively certain I want to do litigation. I can't say I don't want transactional, as I've never done anything related to it, but I feel that they both have enough of a corp. practice where if that is something I want to explore I can. Beyond that, I don't plan on making partner, given the long-shot nature of it, but would like to move into gov't eventually. Within lit., I'm pretty open, but antitrust, white-collar, and appellate are all appealing to me (though I do realize the caveat of pretty much needing CoA clerkship for appellate at Latham, so that's not something I'm particularly gunning for/pinning my decision on), as well as possibly regulatory.

I really felt like I clicked at Latham after my CB and have generally been leaning towards that, but everyone at FF has also been nice. I just wanted to get some feedback.

Latham had 100% offer in '10, and 22/20 in '12 - anyone know about those 2? Or how this year is shaping up?

One other concern: FF took a big revenue hit last year, though from what I gathered on ATL they seemed to say it was a one-off thing and they've gathered steam. Thoughts? Also, I do know that one of their longtime lit partners just left, and I've heard that their litigation group has been getting smaller. Anyone here anything on this?

Yes, I know about Latham's apparent propensity to wholesale slaughter classes, from the way some people tell it, but I've taken that into consideration already.

Location-wise, I have no problem with either city. I know the pros/cons on that debate, so that's really one of the factors I'm least concerned with.

So, please vote and comment.

Anonymous User

Re: Latham (DC) or Fried Frank (NY)

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:44 pm

Anybody? Or is this just as obvious as I previously had thought it was.

Anonymous User

Re: Latham (DC) or Fried Frank (NY)

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:17 pm

Came here to see what people had to say about Latham DC, since I will be there next year. Apparently no one has thoughts on it other than being preferable to Fried Frank (judging by these poll results) or "remember 2009!!" (based on every other thread Latham is mentioned in). Too bad.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”