CB --> offer turnaround times for SF/SV? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

CB --> offer turnaround times for SF/SV?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:38 pm

I'm still waiting to hear back from 3 CB's. One was over a month ago, and is a small office of a non-CA firm, with a very small summer class size (2-3). The other two are also non-CA firms, but with bigger class sizes (around 10), and both were last week. I'm mass mailing and contacting alumni, but at what point should I just be resigned to the fact that rejections will be in the mail for those 3 CB's? How long do people typically wait for SF/SV offices when it comes to CBs and offers?

Anonymous User

Re: CB --> offer turnaround times for SF/SV?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm still waiting to hear back from 3 CB's. One was over a month ago, and is a small office of a non-CA firm, with a very small summer class size (2-3). The other two are also non-CA firms, but with bigger class sizes (around 10), and both were last week. I'm mass mailing and contacting alumni, but at what point should I just be resigned to the fact that rejections will be in the mail for those 3 CB's? How long do people typically wait for SF/SV offices when it comes to CBs and offers?
FWIW:
I went 2 for 2 in SF CBs; both were firms like the second two firms you describe. In each case I heard back 3 days later

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:41 pm

For two SV firms with 10+ class sizes, I heard back the next day. Haven't heard back from other firms in SV yet after a week+.

sap

Bronze

Post by sap » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:50 am

My experience was that my 2 firms that were very "satellite" took a lot longer (1-3 weeks) because they had to go clear stuff with another office first. Firms that prettymuch were self-sufficient within SF/SV took care of it before the week was up (except for the ones that dinged me, they took their sweet time getting those stamps on those letters). Nobody took more than a month, though - you might want to ping the recruiter and ask about timeline.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:28 am

Last year the SF office of a v75 firm that was taking a very small class (2 iirc) actually got back to me halfway through October, and even then it was just to say they still had not reached a decision. They were definitely the outlier, everywhere else was somewhere between same day and two weeks.

Still, you may not be out of the running yet.

DildaMan

Bronze

Post by DildaMan » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:46 am

sap wrote:My experience was that my 2 firms that were very "satellite" took a lot longer (1-3 weeks) because they had to go clear stuff with another office first. Firms that pretty much were self-sufficient within SF/SV took care of it before the week was up (except for the ones that dinged me, they took their sweet time getting those stamps on those letters). Nobody took more than a month, though - you might want to ping the recruiter and ask about timeline.
^ Had the same experience. The turnaround was relatively quick (week at most). Rejections floated in randomly.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”