When do firms generally finalize SA class? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

When do firms generally finalize SA class?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:41 pm

When do firms generally finalize their SA classes? Does anyone have a sense for when the latest callback interviews with V100 firms might take place or when the latest offers are extended? I am sort of scrambling to set a few interviews up through connections, but don't know if it's too late at this point.

bk1

Diamond

Re: When do firms generally finalize SA class?

Post by bk1 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:44 pm

It is likely too late at some firms and definitely not too late at others. You can't know which are which so you should be doing everything you can to snag more interviews.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:58 pm

I got callbacks from a V50 and V100 in mid October, and I know people that got vault offers in November. Just do your best and keep grinding - it is SUPER early for the most part.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:00 pm

Wow. Thanks for the encouragement, I'll keep plugging away.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:48 pm

some firms I've massmailed have said they don't even start looking at write-in applicants till the middle of the month

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:07 pm

And it goes without saying, check Symplicity.

Sometimes, Symplicity postings can be a bit dubious - I suspect several of the mid-level/senior associate postings are being posted because employment-based green cards require a lack of qualified domestic applicants and the sponsors are trying to prove the person being sponsored is unique. Then there are the chutzpah postings looking for unpaid "interns" that probably violate the FLSA. This is not one of those times. SA postings on Symplicity are real and apparently sometimes lead to offers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:11 pm

I got my SA from an interview the second week in October. I was the last person in my class, but you still have time.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”