Post offer correspondence Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Post offer correspondence

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:32 am

I've been lucky enough to land a few offers and a bunch of people who interviewed me have been shooting me emails offering a chance to talk if I wanted to. I didn't think much of it when I received them but now I feel as though I should have responded and thanked them even though I don't plan o talking. It's been a week, should I shoot them emails at this point thanking them.

stoogesreal

New

Re: Post offer correspondence

Post by stoogesreal » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:36 am

Yes. It's not hard to believe that you (and they) were busy all week. Waiting this long is no big deal, and you might as well be polite.

Sup Kid

Silver

Re: Post offer correspondence

Post by Sup Kid » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:59 am

I sent a bunch of those emails myself (basically anyone I interviewed or took to lunch on a callback got one if they received an offer). Some responded, some didn't - I don't care either way (nor do any of my colleagues). Shocking as it may be, we're not testing you by sending them; we honestly just wanted to reach out in case you had any questions. If you don't, that's fine, no need to respond.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”