Ambiguous Ding Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Ambiguous Ding

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:43 pm

I mass-mailed to several offices of a firm, received a callback from one.

I now have this email in my inbox:

"Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding employment with XXXX this summer. ... unfortunately, we are unable to pursue your application further at this time.

We appreciate your interest in XXXX and wish you every success in finding rewarding summer employment."

It is signed by a partner in an office that I did not have a callback with.

Is this a ding from only the office of that partner or is this the terrible post-cb ding?

Anonymous User

Re: Ambiguous Ding

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I mass-mailed to several offices of a firm, received a callback from one.

I now have this email in my inbox:

"Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding employment with XXXX this summer. ... unfortunately, we are unable to pursue your application further at this time.

We appreciate your interest in XXXX and wish you every success in finding rewarding summer employment."

It is signed by a partner in an office that I did not have a callback with.

Is this a ding from only the office of that partner or is this the terrible post-cb ding?
I can't know for sure, of course, but this seems like a ding only from that partner's office. The message doesn't read like a post-CB ding, which would usually say "we are unable to offer you a position in our summer class" or something similar, as well as some flowery language about how difficult a decision it was.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: Ambiguous Ding

Post by JamMasterJ » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:54 pm

probably just that office. Generally, there's a "so and so had a great time talking to you" introduction in post screener/callback dings.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”