Morgan Lewis Culture Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Morgan Lewis Culture

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Anyone know anything about their NY office? From everyone I've spoken to there they seem pretty great. Wanted to know how they compare to other 'friendly' firms

Anonymous User

Re: Morgan Lewis Culture

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know anything about their NY office? From everyone I've spoken to there they seem pretty great. Wanted to know how they compare to other 'friendly' firms
bump. anyone?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:14 pm

I know a person who summered there and said it was nice. I think it's hard to get feedback because their SA size is so small, plus they didn't even have SA's a few years ago, right?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:19 pm

I was turned off a little during my callback there. One attorney acted a bit snotty towards me, because I came from a school they didn't recruit at. I know it's hard to base an opinion of an entire firm based on one attorney, but it was enough to make me want to go elsewhere.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I know a person who summered there and said it was nice. I think it's hard to get feedback because their SA size is so small, plus they didn't even have SA's a few years ago, right?
I didn't know this. I thought they've had them for at least a few years--this ATL post says they had 100+ in 2007.

http://abovethelaw.com/2013/08/the-char ... terrified/

I've heard nothing but good things about ML, but their NY office is smaller than many peers, so may be a little more difficult to get a consensus about culture as a whole.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:13 pm

Was in a different office of MLB this past summer and had friends in various offices (NY included). Everyone I know really enjoyed their summer - my impression is that the NY office is a bit more social/parties more than the rest, but I think this is just the influence of NY biglaw culture in general. My general impression of the overall firm is that they try to screen for assholes - I really liked everyone that I met, nationwide. I'm sure there are a few snots here and there (as with any firm) but I never ran into any of them.

PinkRevolver

New

Post by PinkRevolver » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:36 pm

X

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:56 am

Can anyone speak to the culture at Morgan Lewis nationwide and specifically by office? What are the hours expectations? How do the branch offices in major cities stand up?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”