DPW CB -- offer Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: DPW CB -- offer

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:12 pm

Wait DPW only meets on Fridays? I know someone from several weeks back who heard back on Thursday (after a Tuesday CB)...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:17 pm

I highly suspect the time it takes to hear back correlates with how qualified/desirable you are to the firm. Purely based on personal experience though.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:59 pm

If you do a search for past threads you'll find some people got offers as late as 4 weeks after a CB. Last year I got dinged after 5 weeks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If you do a search for past threads you'll find some people got offers as late as 4 weeks after a CB. Last year I got dinged after 5 weeks.
That must be a very big outlier though, off the "waitlist" or something. I wonder if there actually has been a delay pushing a lot of people behind schedule due to many ppl not being in the office last week...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:24 pm

Anyone interested in contacting an assistant in recruiting to get the story on whether decisions from last week will be made this week? Take one for the team.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:42 pm

I guess I am in the pile in for the long haul. But I cannot afford to wait 5 weeks to get a ding. All other offers would have expired by then. Gonna have to email/call them soon.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Totally agree. Davis Polk cannot wait this long to decide. They will lose top talent to peer firms that are making decisions in a more timely fashion.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:18 pm

i think decisions are made on a rolling basis. i got an offer the same day.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:i think decisions are made on a rolling basis. i got an offer the same day.
That's a little hard to believe (not a single post on here in which someone else claims a same day offer from DPW), but if you are telling the truth, when was this? This year? Last year? Few weeks ago?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:46 pm

Y'all need to chill. Stop trying to read into the tea leaves of hiring decisions.

There's nothing to ask recruiting - the committee will meet and decide whenever it meets and decides. While it's a nervous and anxious time for everyone, this thread is just paranoia and rumor spreading.

My year I know people who got very fast offers and people who got offers after a longer wait. You're free to read into it what you will, but I personally chalk the rumors of rolling decisions up to narcissism on the part of those who got fast offers (I got my offer next day and still think that's a load of crap, and I'm quite close now with one of the people most involved in our hiring process...).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:35 am

Had callback on Friday Aug. 30. Offer on Tuesday, Sep. 3. Any others heard back who were at interviews Friday?

Also, my interviews were very awkward...everyone was respectful but no one looked very happy or very outgoing. I was surprised to bet the offer. Might make another post on this...but just throwing that out there! Hoping it's because all the fun exciting people were on fun, exciting trips?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:Had callback on Friday Aug. 30. Offer on Tuesday, Sep. 3. Any others heard back who were at interviews Friday?

Also, my interviews were very awkward...everyone was respectful but no one looked very happy or very outgoing. I was surprised to bet the offer. Might make another post on this...but just throwing that out there! Hoping it's because all the fun exciting people were on fun, exciting trips?
You had a call back on a day that most people were heading out of town for Labor Day weekend and received an offer yesterday as everyone was getting back to work? I don't think the partners even had time to meet between Friday and yesterday. But congrats if true.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:08 pm

Marking this thread for my references. I had a cb with DPW on Wednesday 9/4. Waiting to hear back from them.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:24 pm

Anyone hear any movement today?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear any movement today?
Got a rejection email this afternoon. CB was early last week. On the interviews with a partner went badly, so I was kind of expecting it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:53 pm

Thanks for sharing. I can see my ding coming soon. One of my interviews with a partner also went south. A bad sign was that he did most of the talking and I struggled to take over control. Anyway, would definitely share info once I hear something back.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:02 pm

Interviewed Wednesday, offer on Friday.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Interviewed Wednesday, offer on Friday.
This being today, or a previous Friday?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:23 pm

no offer and no ding..two weeks went by just so quietly.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Had callback on Friday Aug. 30. Offer on Tuesday, Sep. 3. Any others heard back who were at interviews Friday?

You had a call back on a day that most people were heading out of town for Labor Day weekend and received an offer yesterday as everyone was getting back to work? I don't think the partners even had time to meet between Friday and yesterday. But congrats if true.

Very true, and thanks! They must've had a meeting Friday afternoon (callback was over by 12:30). Although, I wonder if these firms that have committees necessarily always use a committee for everyone. If you interview with a hiring partner, maybe sometimes s/he alone can be your deciding yes or no, especially when their CB-offer is 80% already, no?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
i also had a cb this wednesday. nothing so far.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
i also had a cb this wednesday. nothing so far.
Cb Tuesday and nothing here.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:34 pm

Was this (or any?) offer received (or other news) today? It seems like a lot of hiring committees are quiet this week due to labor day/holidays/vacations.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sorry, should have clarified. Today.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Sorry, should have clarified. Today.
Thanks! Well it looks like I was forgotten in the first wave of offers.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”