Quinn, Debevoise, Skadden, Gibson for Lit Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Litigation?

Skadden NY
14%
Gibson Dunn NY
33%
Quinn NY
24%
Debevoise NY
29%

Total votes: 21

Anonymous User

Quinn, Debevoise, Skadden, Gibson for Lit

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:05 am

Definitely want litigation, possibly securities, white collar, antitrust, or appellate. Really no idea.

bdubs

Gold

Re: Quinn, Debevoise, Skadden, Gibson for Lit

Post by bdubs » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:Definitely want litigation, possibly securities, white collar, antitrust, or appellate. Really no idea.
I think Skadden is the only one I would peg as strong across all of the areas of litigation that you mentioned. Quinn will be more trial oriented and occasionally has a plaintiffs side case, so if that is something that appeals to you then that is also a good option.

All good firms but when you have no idea what you want you should probably choose based on personality first and differences in practice strength 2nd or 3rd.

aces

Bronze

Post by aces » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:45 am

As far as I know, there is very little to no appellate or antitrust litigation in most firms' New York offices. Indeed, appellate litigation is kind of a flame-- there are maybe a couple dozen spots for new associates to primarily do appellate work in the country, almost all of which go to folks coming off appellate clerkships.

For most firms, antitrust work is primarily done in D.C. offices. I would check firm bios (or ask current associates) to see whether there are partners doing antitrust work in the New York offices of each of those firms if that's something you're definitely interested in.

hephaestus

Gold

Post by hephaestus » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:14 am

If GDC still no offers for grades I'd cross them off. Besides that it's going to be fit. These firms have vastly different feels. Where did you feel most at home during CBs?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:25 am

ImNoScar wrote:If GDC still no offers for grades I'd cross them off. Besides that it's going to be fit. These firms have vastly different feels. Where did you feel most at home during CBs?
GDC no offers for grades, as in 2L grades?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”