Today it Happened Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Today it Happened

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:32 pm

Congrats OP, and to the others that have shared their stories. I hope people post more. Really enjoyed reading them, and wish you all the best.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Congrats OP, and to the others that have shared their stories. I hope people post more. Really enjoyed reading them, and wish you all the best.
Ditto to this.

anon168

Silver

Post by anon168 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:28 am

Congrats. This is wonderful news obviously for you and your family.

Enjoy the moment, but realize something ... the the hard part really starts now.

Keep up the good (and hard) work.

hyakku

Silver

Post by hyakku » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:53 am

MY MAN! I'm so happy for you now man, I'm up at 6 am doing a war dance to celebrate. I had the same feeling last week, and finally being able to telll your parents that their grind and sacrifice paid off makes all the reading and writing in the world seem like nothing.

Like Biglaw said though, our grind is just beginning. Bask in your success, but stay hungry.

Thanks for this too, sometimes I feel like no one around me can understand a feeling like this. its not like you're trying to brag but after coming from places where at times you had to decide between food and being late on bills, you want to celebrate occasions like this. Hopefully you've kept in touch with friends out of UG/HS that will be ecstatic to celebrate with you and come from a similar background. Grats again!!!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:57 am

OP here.

Thank you so much everyone, you're all fantastic and have helped make this an even more special time for me.

To the person who got a GED and the person with a parent in federal prison: Wow, you guys/girls are amazing. Good for you.

To others reading this. Don't feel guilty/shy, share :).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

outsidethescope

Bronze

Post by outsidethescope » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:03 am

Rock on! You've earned it. :mrgreen:

NotMyRealName09

Silver

Post by NotMyRealName09 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:31 am

Now just parlay this into some sexual conquest(s), and you will be the envy of all attorneydom.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:40 pm

Bumping to say I'm on there same boat. Was contemplating dropping out and admitting the status quo was for me (everyone I know is in some min wage job) but I got an offer today and now it happened. Wanted to brag sorry

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”