Disclose depression? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Disclose depression?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:08 pm

The only reason I'm considering disclosing that I have struggled with depression is because it took a huge hit on my academic performance. Here's the my story:
I have 2-3 w's, my overall gpa will come out to be close to under a 3.0. I attended UCSD for undergrad, graduated in 3 years. My grades don't reflect my actual potential. I didn't know I was actually depressed until I couldn't handle it anymore and sought help mid through my third/last year. I was tired of trying so hard and failing to meet my goals regardless. I was diagnosed as clinically depressed, started medication and there were improvements all around. Since I graduated thereafter there isn't much to really back up this upward trend. I graduated this August so I have some of summer school to claim.

Not sure how to go about explaining this or if I even should.

t-14orbust

Gold

Re: Disclose depression?

Post by t-14orbust » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:09 pm

Why is this in the legal employment forum? Because you want to be anon?

edit: To answer your question: I doubt it will matter either way. This is pretty common

Anonymous User

Re: Disclose depression?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:11 pm

I just noticed that. It's my first time posting so not familiar with this. I was going to move it to the appropriate section now, but is that a result of being anon? I'll try anyways

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”