What Should You Do If You Get No-Offered? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
J. D.

New

What Should You Do If You Get No-Offered?

Post by J. D. » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:17 am

http://abovethelaw.com/2013/08/what-sho ... o-offered/

The above link highlights a thread on TLS, a thread that was apparently taken down by someone.... hard to figure why.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: What Should You Do If You Get No-Offered?

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:43 am

If no offered, TCR is a fed clerkship.

OK Lat

Gold

Post by 84651846190 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:33 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:If no offered, TCR is a fed clerkship.

OK Lat
Lat only gives advice that applies to YLS grads.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:03 pm

OK Lat
It does seem to be the best option. Seems like you can hustle a flyover clerkship if you are just a little over median.

J. D.

New

Post by J. D. » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:40 pm

Curious why TLS yanked the entire thread…. especially a thread interesting enough for ATL to feature it. What’s up with that?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:47 pm

J. D. wrote:Curious why TLS yanked the entire thread…. especially a thread interesting enough for ATL to feature it. What’s up with that?
I get it, but it's probably an attempt to protect the anonymity of the poster.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:49 pm

I can all but guarantee that's what prompted the yanking.

In other news, does this mean ATL regularly reads TLS? If so, does that mean we're famous?

(HI LAT)

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:32 pm

(By the way, I’m using the feminine pronoun not because the SA is necessarily a woman but just because I’m being politically correct. The SA might be a man.)
Oh, Lat.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:40 pm

Biglaw_Associate_V20 wrote:

OK Lat
Borrow money from your parents if you have to, start a business!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jbiresq

Bronze

Post by jbiresq » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:46 pm

IAFG wrote:
Biglaw_Associate_V20 wrote:

OK Lat
Borrow money from your parents if you have to, start a business!
Can I get 500 grand to start the next amazon?

NYstate

Gold

Post by NYstate » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:52 pm

There is already a thread where this post and no offers are discussed. If people need advice or to vent.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=212272

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:17 pm

NYstate wrote:There is already a thread where this post and no offers are discussed. If people need advice or to vent.

I think this thread is just to discuss how much ATL is a festering TTT blog.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:18 pm

Danger Zone wrote:
NYstate wrote:There is already a thread where this post and no offers are discussed. If people need advice or to vent.

Which makes me hopeful that they will post about Bearsgrl's ban.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

J. D.

New

Post by J. D. » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:32 pm

The thread was about an SA who did a whistleblower number on someone at the firm during the exit interview and s/he was then no-offered. This wasn’t the typical no-offer because the stars were not in alignment.

NYstate

Gold

Post by NYstate » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:43 pm

J. D. wrote:The thread was about an SA who did a whistleblower number on someone at the firm during the exit interview and s/he was then no-offered. This wasn’t the typical no-offer because the stars were not in alignment.
Your description is off. she had been told to expect an offer. when asked a question put to her by people she thought she could trust, she gave an honest answer.

Anyway, article was linked in two different threads yesterday.

NYstate

Gold

Post by NYstate » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:45 pm

Danger Zone wrote:

I'm shocked at how much it has gone downhill. I think they were wrong to write an article that could out someone who was no offered. She is already in a tough spot. Also, that they would gchat about threads on TLS is extremely lame.
They need to find some real stories. Maybe a reader here sent them the link.

I'm sure some of the posters here could start their own blog consisting of gchat discussion of TLS threads and do a much better job than ATL.

J. D.

New

Post by J. D. » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:45 pm

NYstate wrote:
J. D. wrote:The thread was about an SA who did a whistleblower number on someone at the firm during the exit interview and s/he was then no-offered. This wasn’t the typical no-offer because the stars were not in alignment.
Your description is off. she had been told to expect an offer. when asked a question put to her by people she thought she could trust, she gave an honest answer.
IMHO: Your version is a bit sugarcoated. Since s/he claimed to have the offer locked, then why-o-why go the whistleblower route? The exit interview is not a bright light in your face interrogation, it’s a two minute hi/bye.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

NYstate

Gold

Post by NYstate » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:50 pm

J. D. wrote:
NYstate wrote:
IMHO: Your version is a bit sugarcoated. Since s/he claimed to have the offer locked, then why-o-why go the whistleblower route? The exit interview is not a bright light in your face interrogation, it’s a two minute hi/bye.
Do you know what a whistle blower is? She was asked a question and she answered it. I am guessing she answered truthfully because she thought the firm that was going to hire her cared about her.

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:01 pm

J. D. wrote:
NYstate wrote:
Why are you such a shitty poster?

J. D.

New

Post by J. D. » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:05 pm

NYstate wrote:Do you know what a whistle blower is? She was asked a question and she answered it. I am guessing she answered truthfully because she thought the firm that was going to hire her cared about her.
I think s/he pretty much is the whistleblower poster person. Seriously, maybe there is more to it than we know because to me the timing makes no sense. Our differences is that you are taking it at face value and I believe there has to be more to it. Given the circumstances as you know them, what would you have said in the exit interview?

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:09 pm

J. D. wrote:
NYstate wrote:Do you know what a whistle blower is? She was asked a question and she answered it. I am guessing she answered truthfully because she thought the firm that was going to hire her cared about her.
I think s/he pretty much is the whistleblower poster person. Seriously, maybe there is more to it than we know because to me the timing makes no sense. Our differences is that you are taking it at face value and I believe there has to be more to it. Given the circumstances as you know them, what would you have said in the exit interview?
How is this remotely helpful to anyone, to crap on the person who is now no-offered? And why do you think there has to be more to it? Because you just don't want to think that things can go badly for someone who hasn't done anything wrong and we're not actually in control of our fates?

Besides, when asked the question, you don't know why the firm asked. They could have just as easily asked because they had problems in the past, want to clean up their act, and wanted to know if they're hiring someone who will be willing to talk about problems and help keep them from getting their asses sued in future. There are certainly reasons not to tell the truth in that situation, but there's no reason to crap on someone who decides to do so. The person in question wasn't posting a pity-me thread, they just wanted advice on how to move forward.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

J. D.

New

Post by J. D. » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:14 pm

It's just a little back n' force on an internet board. Cool your jets.

And why do so many people post as an Anonymous User?

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:16 pm

Crap, that was supposed to be me (nice that I can fix that).

And it's a back and forth on a message board about a real person who's in a sucky position.

J. D.

New

Post by J. D. » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:17 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:Crap, that was supposed to be me (nice that I can fix that).

And it's a back and forth on a message board about a real person who's in a sucky position.
Point taken. So what now... just do not discuss it?

iplulzer

New

Post by iplulzer » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:32 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
J. D. wrote:
NYstate wrote:
IMHO: Your version is a bit sugarcoated. Since s/he claimed to have the offer ld, then why-o-why go thewhistleblower route? The exit interview is not a bright light in your face interrogation, it’s a two minute hi/bye.
Why are you such a shitty poster?
Seriously. Every fucking post from this guy is a marvel of douchiness.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”