Willkie Turn Around Time Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Willkie Turn Around Time

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:53 pm

onehellofaride wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just to clear this up: I'm sure we've all got the letter by now, but it's 28 days from the day after the letter is dated.
Haven't actually received any letter yet. Got the offer in person on Tuesday.
Same here. If we don't get a letter fairly soon (my date of acceptance/rejection is mid-Sept), should we just call Recruiting?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:56 pm

hmm... can i assume if i had a callback aug 19thish im a reject? I haven't gotten reject snailmail yet or any other more exciting news lol

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
onehellofaride wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just to clear this up: I'm sure we've all got the letter by now, but it's 28 days from the day after the letter is dated.
Haven't actually received any letter yet. Got the offer in person on Tuesday.
Same here. If we don't get a letter fairly soon (my date of acceptance/rejection is mid-Sept), should we just call Recruiting?
I'm going to wait until the last day to call recruiting. That way I don't push an earlier letter if they are trying to help me out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Had my CB late last week (Th/F). Just got a rejection letter by snail mail. :( No real surprise, but still a big disappointment. Was dated the 20th, FWIW.
Stats? And how did you feel about the interview?
Sorry its taken me a few days to get back to ya, tried to stay off TLS (and away from law school stuff) all weekend.

Anyway, median at lower T14. Don't think I'm usually a great interviewer based on how few CB's I got from OCI (and frankly I was surprised I even got a CB at Willkie), but who knows. On my Willkie CB, I felt like 1 went great, 2 were good (maybe just ok), and 1 wasn't that good. Ah well, on to the next one!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:17 pm

Anyone hear anything from callbacks late last week (Th, Fri 8/22,23)??

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear anything from callbacks late last week (Th, Fri 8/22,23)??
anyone got dinged from cbs from alst week. had my cb 19th/20th adn want to know if im on hold or they just havent gotten around to dinging us yet

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:35 pm

anyone get dinnged yet from CB's last week, what does it mean that ive heard silence for over a week now

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:anyone get dinnged yet from CB's last week, what does it mean that ive heard silence for over a week now
I think they are looking to see what happens with the offers out there before they offer more people.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear anything from callbacks late last week (Th, Fri 8/22,23)??
I had my CB on Wednesday and got offer on Friday afternoon, in case that helps.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:anyone get dinnged yet from CB's last week, what does it mean that ive heard silence for over a week now
I think they are looking to see what happens with the offers out there before they offer more people.
Yep. I got my offer last week and got a follow-up email today.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:57 pm

Almost week and a half since CB. Hopefully they're just waiting for people to turn them down for V10s.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Almost week and a half since CB. Hopefully they're just waiting for people to turn them down for V10s.
We're in the same boat. But forget about V10s, I'm willing to accept an opening created by someone opting for any other firm. I'm not picky. ;)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Almost week and a half since CB. Hopefully they're just waiting for people to turn them down for V10s.
We're in the same boat. But forget about V10s, I'm willing to accept an opening created by someone opting for any other firm. I'm not picky. ;)
Or, you know, not, I guess. Ding, snail mail, dated 8/26.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Crap!! When did you interview? I'm not at my mailing address so now I'm going to worry about this all weekend. :(

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Crap!! When did you interview? I'm not at my mailing address so now I'm going to worry about this all weekend. :(
Monday 8/19. Sorry for worrying you. :(

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:14 pm

Any updates either way? Been over a week since my callback, scared to death every day when I check the mail.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any updates either way? Been over a week since my callback, scared to death every day when I check the mail.
snail mail ding 8-19cb looks like they just take a while to send out the dings i wouldnt be hopeful

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any updates either way? Been over a week since my callback, scared to death every day when I check the mail.
snail mail ding 8-19cb looks like they just take a while to send out the dings i wouldnt be hopeful
Yeah I'm not optimistic, I also had a cb late that week but haven't seen any positive news reports either. So I guess I'm hopeful but not optimistic.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:50 pm

Had CB in NY August 22. Anybody hear anything who interviewed around that time? It's been over 2 weeks now, with complete silence.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Had CB in NY August 22. Anybody hear anything who interviewed around that time? It's been over 2 weeks now, with complete silence.
I think it's clear that people have heard who had CBs around that time, but silence is better than a rejection letter, imho. Waiting for my letter from a CB last Wednesday...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:38 pm

I heard they're still waiting on some outstanding offers--hang in there.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Had CB in NY August 22. Anybody hear anything who interviewed around that time? It's been over 2 weeks now, with complete silence.
Took about a week (maybe 8 days, to be exact?) for me to get my rejection letter. If its been over 2 weeks, I imagine they're just waiting to see how many people accept their offers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:53 pm

It was really hard to do, but I declined an offer a few days ago. I hope it falls to one of you, they're an excellent firm with amazing people.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Snail mail rejection. :( Letter was dated a bit over 2 weeks since my CB. I'm super disappointed as I really liked my visit and thought the two partners I met with were awesome.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:06 am

has anyone who interviewed this week or last week heard back yet?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”