Callback Timing Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

When is the Latest "Safe" Date to Schedule a Callback?

Late August
30%
Early September
40%
Mid September
30%
Late September
No votes
Early October
No votes

Total votes: 20

Anonymous User

Callback Timing

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:11 am

New Poster:

Just finished up interviews at a non-HYSCCN T14, I have a number of callbacks and am trying to schedule them so that I optimize my possibility of an offer from firms that I am interested in (obviously). I am trying to schedule them as soon as possible, yet it seems that times are filling up and I am also trying to not miss tons of class. I am looking at a major market where firms move fast. It seems that most callbacks are available at the end of August/early September, yet I am worried that early September is already too late in the process for firms to extend an offer. I am also worried that if any other firms come through with callbacks, I may need to schedule a callback in mid to late September. So the major question is: is early September considered late for callbacks? Also, any general insights into the scheduling process and what date for callbacks starts becoming "late" for offers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for voting/for the insights.

Bronck

Gold

Re: Callback Timing

Post by Bronck » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:26 am

I'm honestly not sure, but:
Anonymous User wrote:I am also trying to not miss tons of class. I am looking at a major market where firms move fast
Do NOT worry about missing class. A job is far more important.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:40 pm

OP: any more advice/votes would be great, need it to schedule another one of these on Mon.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:New Poster:

Just finished up interviews at a non-HYSCCN T14, I have a number of callbacks and am trying to schedule them so that I optimize my possibility of an offer from firms that I am interested in (obviously). I am trying to schedule them as soon as possible, yet it seems that times are filling up and I am also trying to not miss tons of class. I am looking at a major market where firms move fast. It seems that most callbacks are available at the end of August/early September, yet I am worried that early September is already too late in the process for firms to extend an offer. I am also worried that if any other firms come through with callbacks, I may need to schedule a callback in mid to late September. So the major question is: is early September considered late for callbacks? Also, any general insights into the scheduling process and what date for callbacks starts becoming "late" for offers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for voting/for the insights.
First thing first, stop worrying about class. Why do you care the slightest about missing class?!?

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:47 pm

Because if/when we strike out, we'll need to gun for the grades for a clerkship?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RodneyRuxin

Bronze

Post by RodneyRuxin » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:54 pm

Your poll makes no sense. Schedule as early as possible. There is no date someone can point to and say you're still safe if you apply then.

olive16

Bronze

Post by olive16 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:54 pm

Danger Zone wrote:Because if/when we strike out, we'll need to gun for the grades for a clerkship?
You can miss the first 2 weeks of class and still get a good grade. It's not a big deal.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:58 pm

OP:
RodneyRuxin wrote:Your poll makes no sense. Schedule as early as possible. There is no date someone can point to and say you're still safe if you apply then.
Fair enough; the question is what date is too late, when have firms already made decisions on so many offers that your chances of receiving an offer from a callback have diminished drastically.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:01 pm

Not OP, but relevant question for you guys: a recruiting director (V20 CA) told me that in scheduling my CB, she'd recommend that I steer clear of Labor Day week, because a lot of attorneys are taking their vacations then, so I'd be limited in who I get to meet with during my CB. Does that matter at all? She mentioned that they'd be doing CB's all through September.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:01 pm

Danger Zone wrote:Because if/when we strike out, we'll need to gun for the grades for a clerkship?
And missing two weeks of class will prevent that how?

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Not OP, but relevant question for you guys: a recruiting director (V20 CA) told me that in scheduling my CB, she'd recommend that I steer clear of Labor Day week, because a lot of attorneys are taking their vacations then, so I'd be limited in who I get to meet with during my CB. Does that matter at all? She mentioned that they'd be doing CB's all through September.
I did a CB the day before labor day weekend and the office was empty as fuck, and they could only find 3 people to meet with me instead of 4. There is some truth to it. But I don't think I'd avoid all of the week, just the friday before and tuesday after.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:54 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Not OP, but relevant question for you guys: a recruiting director (V20 CA) told me that in scheduling my CB, she'd recommend that I steer clear of Labor Day week, because a lot of attorneys are taking their vacations then, so I'd be limited in who I get to meet with during my CB. Does that matter at all? She mentioned that they'd be doing CB's all through September.
I did a CB the day before labor day weekend and the office was empty as fuck, and they could only find 3 people to meet with me instead of 4. There is some truth to it. But I don't think I'd avoid all of the week, just the friday before and tuesday after.

Great. I scheduled one the Tuesday after Labor Day because it's across the country and earliest I could get in. Do you think it affected your getting an offer or not?

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Great. I scheduled one the Tuesday after Labor Day because it's across the country and earliest I could get in. Do you think it affected your getting an offer or not?
I went on other one the tuesday after and got an offer. I doubt it really matters that much.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”