rejected but didnt attend interview because of transfer Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

rejected but didnt attend interview because of transfer

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:08 pm

Just got a rejection email from a firm. The thing is I didnt even interview with them, becuase I transffered and my old schools OCI was this past week, while my new schools OCI isnt until later. Am a screwed because now I am in thier system as a reject? What should I do?

Anonymous User

Re: rejected but didnt attend interview because of transfer

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just got a rejection email from a firm. The thing is I didnt even interview with them, becuase I transffered and my old schools OCI was this past week, while my new schools OCI isnt until later. Am a screwed because now I am in thier system as a reject? What should I do?
You probably should have contacted them before you stood them up. Now, I would contact your new schools career office and ask about damage control, if you are still interested in applying to the firm.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just got a rejection email from a firm. The thing is I didnt even interview with them, becuase I transffered and my old schools OCI was this past week, while my new schools OCI isnt until later. Am a screwed because now I am in thier system as a reject? What should I do?
You probably should have contacted them before you stood them up. Now, I would contact your new schools career office and ask about damage control, if you are still interested in applying to the firm.
My old school told me they took care of cancelling the interview

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
The advice still stands. I don't recommend blaming your old school for something you could have followed up on. If its a firm you're still interested in, contact your new schools career office and see how they recommend proceeding.

Also, if your interview was lottery it may have been a straight up rejection based on your résumé, regardless of the fact that you did not interview.

Have you already received an interview with them at your new school as well?

unlicensedpotato

Silver

Post by unlicensedpotato » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:36 pm

JenDarby wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Yeah, law schools love people who transfer out of them. Of course they'll do everything they can to make sure you get a job at your new school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:47 pm

both schools are pre-select. Also i havnt gotten any other emails from firms i was scheduled with while my old classmates, who did interview did

unlicensedpotato

Silver

Post by unlicensedpotato » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:both schools are pre-select. Also i havnt gotten any other emails from firms i was scheduled with while my old classmates, who did interview did
Yeah, sorry I'm just being obnoxious. I'm sure that what happened is the firm had a list of everyone they thought they were doing screeners with, a list of people that had gotten callbacks, and they mailed rejections to everyone on the screener list who didn't get a CB. Definitely contact the new school's career services and see what they say. It may be in your best interest to contact the firm directly as well but I would wait and hear what CSO says.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”