NBLSA Job Fair Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NBLSA Job Fair

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:14 pm

Has anyone done these with success? I am a 3L and I landed a few BigLaw preselects. My T2 top 20%ish w/LR tell me that the firms there aren't serious about hiring 3Ls from this and they are just doing this to check a box for diversity initiatives at their firm. The other part thinks because it's preselect and not lottery, they actually like me and I have a shot. I know for 2Ls some have done ok at these fairs, but I've heard very little from 3Ls on this topic. Any one have any insight on this?

KamaalTheAbstract

Bronze

Re: NBLSA Job Fair

Post by KamaalTheAbstract » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:33 pm

You won't get anything out of this. It's pretty useless. Almost certain, that it's all for show.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:07 pm

MABLSA pre-selects are up...share stats!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:MABLSA pre-selects are up...share stats!
3L T2, top 10-20% (school doesn't rank), LR, WE. 3 Preselects. I only bid on 4, so I am pretty happy.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:26 pm

I've heard nothing but good things about the NEBLSA job fair. A good number of the upperclassmen at my school have received job offers from it and highly encouraged it. But they all participated in the fair as rising 2Ls.

I was pre-selected for some firms I bid on for MABLSA, but I have not been preselected for any in NEBLSA which makes me nervous. Aren't pre-selects due by midnight tonight (from the firms)?

Below median @ T14

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've heard nothing but good things about the NEBLSA job fair. A good number of the upperclassmen at my school have received job offers from it and highly encouraged it. But they all participated in the fair as rising 2Ls.

I was pre-selected for some firms I bid on for MABLSA, but I have not been preselected for any in NEBLSA which makes me nervous. Aren't pre-selects due by midnight tonight (from the firms)?

Below median @ T14

You may have been pre-selected from NEBLSA firms. It appears that MABLSA and NEBLSA set the postings up differently in Symplicity. With the MABLSA fair, we could see pre-selects as they happened because the invitations tab was visible; that tab was never available on the NEBLSA Job Fair page. The NEBLSA fair will likely release all at once tonight showing pre-selects/non-invites, etc.

Keep hope alive!

+1 about hearing nothing but positive reviews from classmates about callbacks/offers from these fairs.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I've heard nothing but good things about the NEBLSA job fair. A good number of the upperclassmen at my school have received job offers from it and highly encouraged it. But they all participated in the fair as rising 2Ls.

Below median @ T14

You may have been pre-selected from NEBLSA firms. It appears that MABLSA and NEBLSA set the postings up differently in Symplicity. With the MABLSA fair, we could see pre-selects as they happened because the invitations tab was visible; that tab was never available on the NEBLSA Job Fair page. The NEBLSA fair will likely release all at once tonight showing pre-selects/non-invites, etc.

Keep hope alive!

+1 about hearing nothing but positive reviews from classmates about callbacks/offers from these fairs.
Thanks! Made me feel a lot better.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:48 pm

Got a good number of preselects for NEBLSA, some alternates. T-25 and below median.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”