LA firms with better QOL Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

LA firms with better QOL

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:10 am

Are any LA firms or certain practice groups known for being on the better end for lifestyle? (less cutthroat or less face time for example) I know as far as biglaw goes lifestyle is not going to be great but I am wondering if some are better than others.

anon168

Silver

Re: LA firms with better QOL

Post by anon168 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Are any LA firms or certain practice groups known for being on the better end for lifestyle? (less cutthroat or less face time for example) I know as far as biglaw goes lifestyle is not going to be great but I am wondering if some are better than others.
What do you mean by "less cuttthroat"? The legal profession, by its very nature, is cut-throat. It attracts A-type personalities, esp. in biglaw, and given the fact that there is only a limited amount of "pie" to share amongst an ever growing population of lawyer "eaters" the legal profession will never be a country club atmosphere.

As to "face time" very few biglaw firms will care -- there maybe exceptions, but those exceptions are so far and few between that they simply prove the rule.

If you want a more relaxed atmosphere, you might think about OC firms.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”