LA Entertainment Law Firms Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
LAent

New

LA Entertainment Law Firms

Post by LAent » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:15 pm

Any one out there thinking of going to LA to do Entertainment work? What are the top firms? What are the hours like? What are the exit options like? I am more interested in the corporate side because I think of myself as more of a business oriented attorney and do not really like litigation.

Anonymous User

Re: LA Entertainment Law Firms

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:28 pm

LAent wrote:Any one out there thinking of going to LA to do Entertainment work? What are the top firms? What are the hours like? What are the exit options like? I am more interested in the corporate side because I think of myself as more of a business oriented attorney and do not really like litigation.
Your best bet is to go to O'Melveny Century City. They take a fair amount of summers and the office is exclusively entertainment. A lot of other places will have entertainment groups but it's hard to get on those deals because everyone wants on them.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:26 pm

Do you have any experience with them? How many summers does O'Melveney take?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Do you have any experience with them? How many summers does O'Melveney take?
NALP says 10 summers this year. Was my first choice last year but I got dinged after a CB. Most offices don't sell their entertainment practices to 2Ls but they push it hard.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Do you have any experience with them? How many summers does O'Melveney take?
NALP says 10 summers this year. Was my first choice last year but I got dinged after a CB. Most offices don't sell their entertainment practices to 2Ls but they push it hard.
The office is amazing. Good work and good people. I got an offer but couldn't take it because I was fortunate enough to get another opportunity that I couldn't pass up. My advice to anyone trying to get into that office is to NOT come across as all entertainment-y. They are fully aware of their reputation in the industry, and they don't want those that will come in for a year or two before trying to become the next Ari Gold.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”