NYU Law - 3.43, where to bid? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NYU Law - 3.43, where to bid?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:40 pm

Couple years legal work experience. Interested in both NYC and SF. What should my bidding strategy be? Any 3Ls willing to weigh in? I have some interesting stuff on my resume, if anyone is willing to go over PM I can tell you more.

Thanks!

dixiecupdrinking

Gold

Re: NYU Law - 3.43, where to bid?

Post by dixiecupdrinking » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:47 pm

Anywhere you want. Put the medium-selective firms in your top ten or 15 bids because they will be the most popular. You have at least an outside shot at the most selective ones, too, but put them lower on your list because they tend not to fill up as quickly and you'll be reaching anyway. You should be aiming for places like Jones Day, Kirkland, Weil, Milbank, Latham, but lots of other people will be as well, which is why you need to rank them very high.

Don't know much about SF in particular.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:50 pm

dixiecupdrinking wrote:Anywhere you want. Put the medium-selective firms in your top ten or 15 bids because they will be the most popular. You have at least an outside shot at the most selective ones, too, but put them lower on your list because they tend not to fill up as quickly and you'll be reaching anyway. You should be aiming for places like Jones Day, Kirkland, Weil, Milbank, Latham, but lots of other people will be as well, which is why you need to rank them very high.

Not OP

do you know where those firms clear generally? I know Skadden, Weil, and K & E generally require top 5-10 slotting, but what about the others?

neimanmarxist

Bronze

Post by neimanmarxist » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:51 pm

you can PM me.

neimanmarxist

Bronze

Post by neimanmarxist » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
dixiecupdrinking wrote:Anywhere you want. Put the medium-selective firms in your top ten or 15 bids because they will be the most popular. You have at least an outside shot at the most selective ones, too, but put them lower on your list because they tend not to fill up as quickly and you'll be reaching anyway. You should be aiming for places like Jones Day, Kirkland, Weil, Milbank, Latham, but lots of other people will be as well, which is why you need to rank them very high.

Not OP

do you know where those firms clear generally? I know Skadden, Weil, and K & E generally require top 5-10 slotting, but what about the others?
Sidley (I put them third and didn't get them) and linklaters. I did get an interview with GDC and I Had them 10th, but a lot of people I knew wanted one and didn't get it. Also, I think the strategy for outside-of-NY bids is to put them all at the top of the list, if I remember correctly, because the interview pools are so much smaller. I know I didn't get any interviews in my secondary market, and I had some bids on those firms in the 15-20 range.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:03 pm

neimanmarxist wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Not OP

Sidley (I put them third and didn't get them) and linklaters. I did get an interview with GDC and I Had them 10th, but a lot of people I knew wanted one and didn't get it. Also, I think the strategy for outside-of-NY bids is to put them all at the top of the list, if I remember correctly, because the interview pools are so much smaller. I know I didn't get any interviews in my secondary market, and I had some bids on those firms in the 15-20 range.
I currently have KE (1) and Sidley (2) - should I flip them? Nice call on GDC. I have them like 15th right now because they're interviewing like 95 people so that's really helpful to know.

Any idea where Reed Smith and Alston and Bird clear?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:51 pm

Bumping this thread, I have a similar gpa and would like to see more advice being tossed around.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”