JD --> Consulting --> Big Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
artfuldodger23

New

JD --> Consulting --> Big Law

Post by artfuldodger23 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:38 pm

Hey guys,

I was wondering if it were possible upon receiving a JD that if one wants to go into management consulting and they decide they didn't like it or didn't find any further growing opportunities from it they can transition to Big Law? Because I have heard from members here and others that Big Law is a one shot one opportunity stint while your still in school but once you decide to divert that path for a different career its gone.

With this I was wondering if this was common or not and moreover if it is even possible

thanks

Bronte

Gold

Re: JD --> Consulting --> Big Law

Post by Bronte » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:10 pm

It's probably possible. But understand that big law firms are wed to their summer associate hiring model. This is by far the primary way that people end up at big law firms. Add to that the fact that you won't have been practicing law while you were a consultant, and big law becomes unlikely. I would treat the choice to exit the field of law after law school as if it were a one way street.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”