What's the deal with Linklaters? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

What's the deal with Linklaters?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 23, 2013 5:46 pm

I'm interested in them as a firm, but i've heard some mixed things about them. An attorney family friend told me to avoid them because they were "laying off people left and right," and they seem to have a bad rap among fellow law students. Also, not that this means much, but their recruiting is kind of odd. They don't recruit at Yale, Stanford, U Chicago, and didn't have any SAs at all in the T4 last year. It almost seems as if they focus their recruiting on the lower side of the T14, which is just a bit odd.

On the flip side, they get good reviews on Chambers and Associates and the ATL firm review. So, things just seem all over the place.

I'd love to hear from anyone with insight as to how things are looking there and any other general comments.

Anonymous User

Re: What's the deal with Linklaters?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 24, 2013 1:08 pm

My classmate who started there in 2012 billed zero hours in January because there was no work. I don't know if things have picked up since then, and I don't know if they have been laying people off.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 30, 2013 6:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My classmate who started there in 2012 billed zero hours in January because there was no work. I don't know if things have picked up since then, and I don't know if they have been laying people off.
Thanks, that at least confirms some suspicions.

Anyone else?

Lateral2013

New

Post by Lateral2013 » Thu May 30, 2013 9:12 pm

The firm I went to right out of law school had a terrible rep, probably one of the worst out there. I loved it.

It's all about the people you work with on a day to day basis. If you like the firm and the people you meet, pursue it. If you get an offer, then ask those hard questions before accepting.

Almost every firm of any size laid people off. The ones that said they didn't just fired people for performance reasons, which is even worse. I wouldn't let that deter me. But you will want to know about work and what's coming down the pipe, but that's for after you get an offer. No need to put the cart before the horse.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”