2L with SA, sign up for diversity career fairs? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

2L with SA, sign up for diversity career fairs?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 23, 2013 11:10 am

I am a 2L with an SA at a regional firm. The firm's offer rate is not 100% (they have fewer than 10 SA's, so they have no-offered 1 or so every year) so I was wondering if I should be hedging my bets by possibly signing up for some diversity career fairs that are coming up in my region? The downside is that my firm interviews at one of these fairs and I may run into someone.

I am top 25% at a T-50 school and a minority law student. I have pretty good work experience and interview well, though the fact that I will be a 3L going into any career fair will probably count against me. I was not hired into this SA through any "diversity applicant" process, though being a minority probably did help.

I would appreciate any insight on whether signing up for diversity career fairs will be helpful, or may jeopardize my standing with my current SA firm. Thanks in advance!

rad lulz

Platinum

Re: 2L with SA, sign up for diversity career fairs?

Post by rad lulz » Thu May 23, 2013 11:21 am

Anonymous User

Re: 2L with SA, sign up for diversity career fairs?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 23, 2013 12:37 pm

I'd say sign up for them. But from looking at a couple there's very little for 3Ls, so don't expect much.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”