Second interview with general counsel Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Second interview with general counsel

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:48 pm

Hey guys,

1L had a first interview with two attorneys at a large consulting firm for a law clerk position. Next day they called me asking me to come back next week to meet with three of their head general counsel attorneys next week - I will have 20 minutes with each of them. I asked if they needed any further documents (references, writing samples) and he said no. I am incredibly nervous and I don't know what to expect because the first interview was pretty short, about 15 minutes, and they simply asked me about my past experience, my language skills, why I'm interested in the position. Any advice?

Thanks

Anonymous User

Re: Second interview with general counsel

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:54 pm

My only advice is be careful picking the time for the interview. I had a horrific experience interviewing with a GC at 9am. The guy was really busy and had a meeting at 930. So he was eating his breakfast, taking phone calls and checking emails while asking some random and general questions without giving a damn about my answers.

unlicensedpotato

Silver

Re: Second interview with general counsel

Post by unlicensedpotato » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:59 pm

Sounds like the format of a typical CB. They'll probably each ask you background questions similar to the screeners' but also be prepared with questions about the position, the company, and the attorneys' duties. I'd probably still bring 1 writing sample, a couple of transcripts, and of course resumes, regardless of what they say. Maybe have a couple of personal anecdotes ready if you're feeling nervous. Just relax and be positive. Caveat, I'm a 1L and haven't interviewed with GC office before but I had good results this interview season.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”