Clerk hasn't called back. Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Clerk hasn't called back.

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:36 pm

A few days ago, I received a call from a Bankruptcy Judge's law clerk. I was in class and was not able to answer, and in his phone message the Clerk said that he would like me to interview for the extern position with that judge and to call back to schedule the interview.

I called back the following morning, but the Clerk was driving and said he would call me back to schedule the interview.

It's been two days and he hasn't called back, should I be worried? I don't see why he wouldn't call back, considering he already extended the offer for an interview, but I'm getting slightly scared.

Any opinions?

eerie_erie

Bronze

Re: Clerk hasn't called back.

Post by eerie_erie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:01 pm

I think he is probably just busy. Next time you call, leave a voicemail saying something along the lines of "Sorry we're playing telephone tag, but I would definitely be available on ________ at _________ time." Then say something along the lines of asking him to leave a voicemail telling you when it is good for him to call, and emphasis that you would be happy to work around his schedule. Give a lot of options if possible.

nygrrrl

Gold

Re: Clerk hasn't called back.

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:19 pm

THIS IS AN OFFICIAL WARNING. POST THIS AGAIN, YOU WILL BE BANNED.

Return to “Legal Employment”