US Bankruptcy Judge or General Counsel to Governor Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

1L internship:

US Bankruptcy Judge
25%
Office of General Counsel to the Governor
75%

Total votes: 12

Anonymous User

US Bankruptcy Judge or General Counsel to Governor

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:03 pm

No special affinity for bankruptcy or government work. Just want the best looking job for my resume.

Bk judge would require me to move 2,000 miles away back home and drive 1.5 hours each way, but the home market is where I want to be post-grad.

General counsel to governor would allow me to stay where I am. Other consideration: I'm looking toward transferring, so logistically going with GC to Gov/where I'm living now would make things easier if that comes to fruition.

Legacy Rabbit

Bronze

Re: US Bankruptcy Judge or General Counsel to Governor

Post by Legacy Rabbit » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:No special affinity for bankruptcy or government work. Just want the best looking job for my resume.

Bk judge would require me to move 2,000 miles away back home and drive 1.5 hours each way, but the home market is where I want to be post-grad.

General counsel to governor would allow me to stay where I am. Other consideration: I'm looking toward transferring, so logistically going with GC to Gov/where I'm living now would make things easier if that comes to fruition.

stay exactly where you are and enter government
1. The type of work and the people you will be working with, in terms of background, will be more diverse. Bkptcy is very specific; it is a clear cut specialization. The work would be more repetitive as compared to working with the government.
2. Think about it, a recommendation from a Governor's office under your belt. sweet.

Anonymous User

Re: US Bankruptcy Judge or General Counsel to Governor

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:19 am

Convincing points. I think I know my answer. Thanks!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”