Alerting interviewers to another offer Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
harbin

New

Alerting interviewers to another offer

Post by harbin » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:35 am

Hi all,

I received a gov. summer job offer and several places I interviewed with asked me to alert them if I received another position before they had made their selections. The gov. position would be a great opportunity but there are a few others I would take over it. I have a week to decide.

How do I address an email to those I'm waiting to hear from? I'm don't want to sound too demanding or arrogant, but want to make sure they know I'm still very interested in them.

Thanks for the help!

Myself

Silver

Post by Myself » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:53 pm

Last edited by Myself on Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

shock259

Gold

Re: Alerting interviewers to another offer

Post by shock259 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:23 pm

If you need an answer in a week, you need to call them. Your email could get lost/ignored.

Just say that you received an offer at X agency and have one week to respond, but you'd prefer to work with them. Sound sincere and maybe give a reason or two. Ask them if they can make a decision by then.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:20 pm

Sorry for piggybacking on this thread, but I'm in a similar situation...

I got an offer to work at a nonprofit, and am told that the offer is valid for one week.

I have actually gone through an interview w/ a firm in my major market asking them if it's possible to get an answer in a week, and if not I would be willing to wait for their decision. They got back to me and told me that they're still interested but can't decide for another 2 weeks, and that they don't want me to lose the PI offer.

What do you guys think, is this essentially their way of telling me no? I can PM for more details as well. Thanks!

chesterfan1230

Bronze

Post by chesterfan1230 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sorry for piggybacking on this thread, but I'm in a similar situation...

I got an offer to work at a nonprofit, and am told that the offer is valid for one week.

I have actually gone through an interview w/ a firm in my major market asking them if it's possible to get an answer in a week, and if not I would be willing to wait for their decision. They got back to me and told me that they're still interested but can't decide for another 2 weeks, and that they don't want me to lose the PI offer.

What do you guys think, is this essentially their way of telling me no? I can PM for more details as well. Thanks!
Bro, just go and lift.

Just messing, If you think you can score another offer at a PI firm then take the risk. If you have good grades and a solid personality, in 2 weeks it won't be too late to find another PI job.

Good luck

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”