Question about symplicity Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Litts787

New

Question about symplicity

Post by Litts787 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:40 am

I realize this is kind of a dumb question but here goes-

My schools public sector OCI symplicity allows for applications to be updated. As I write more and more cover letters, I've come up with things that I think sound better and I have gone back and changed previously submitted apps multiple times. Does anybody know if employers can see how many times an app has been updated? I feel like it might reflect poorly if they go in to download my docs and see I have changed them like six times each..

ph14

Gold

Re: Question about symplicity

Post by ph14 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:57 pm

Litts787 wrote:I realize this is kind of a dumb question but here goes-

My schools public sector OCI symplicity allows for applications to be updated. As I write more and more cover letters, I've come up with things that I think sound better and I have gone back and changed previously submitted apps multiple times. Does anybody know if employers can see how many times an app has been updated? I feel like it might reflect poorly if they go in to download my docs and see I have changed them like six times each..
I doubt that an employer can see this information. Can students even see that information? I haven't used symplicity in a while but I don't remember ever seeing the number of changes made. But I wouldn't stress about it, cover letters aren't that important.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:31 pm

Be careful, sometimes when you click the apply button, it immediately sends the documents to the employer.

aces

Bronze

Post by aces » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:33 am

It usually depends when the employer decided to download/print out the documents. They can do so at any time and if they got to it early, they might have downloaded/printed an earlier draft. I don't think they can see how many times a document has been altered, but I suppose it's possible (albeit very unlikely) that they go to print it out again before your interview and compare it against the one they had read earlier. If it's just minor wording/sentence/organization changes, it almost certainly wouldn't matter, but I wouldn't make wholesale changes (ex: "I'm interested in the position because of X, Y, Z" becomes "I'm interested in the position because of A, B, C") to a previously-uploaded cover letter unless I really had to.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:30 pm

I was the contact person and set up the symplicity accounts for my old firm. When we posted a job on symplicity, as soon as the applicant submitted their materials on symplicity, it automatically emailed that stuff to my email account. I wasn't given the option to not get those emails. You might want to contact your Career Office and check with them to see how the account was set up though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”