Question on SEC Regional Office Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
nyg22

New

Question on SEC Regional Office

Post by nyg22 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi all,

Anyone know if the division of enforcement and division of inspection are the only divisions in the SEC's NY office? I suspect the divisions of trading&markets, corp fin, etc are only at the DC office, but I wanted to see if anyone had first-hand knowledge. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Question on SEC Regional Office

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:59 pm

The NY regional office only houses Enforcement and OCIE. The other divisions are mostly in Washington, DC Home office. In case you're curious, the NY regional office largely does not hire law school graduates - you have a better shot of getting hired in DC (even though it's a long shot in general).

nyg22

New

Re: Question on SEC Regional Office

Post by nyg22 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:13 pm

Thanks a lot. Can you tell me some of the differences between enforcement and OCIE? Is enforcement geared towards investigation and prosecution of existing frauds, while OCIE is geared towards prevention through examiners?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”