Any stats on how 2Ls fared this year? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Any stats on how 2Ls fared this year?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:32 pm

Have any schools released any numbers on how many people ended up with offers from OCI?

bdubs

Gold

Re: Any stats on how 2Ls fared this year?

Post by bdubs » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Have any schools released any numbers on how many people ended up with offers from OCI?
No, they won't release information about summer positions because it gives the impression that OCI is the preferred way of getting a position. Even though everyone knows that OCI is really what matters the schools don't want to admit it.

ExAnt3

New

Post by ExAnt3 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:51 pm

bdubs wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Have any schools released any numbers on how many people ended up with offers from OCI?
No, they won't release information about summer positions because it gives the impression that OCI is the preferred way of getting a position. Even though everyone knows that OCI is really what matters the schools don't want to admit it.
Here at CLS they release this information to the 1Ls every year before OCI starts

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:45 am

ExAnt3 wrote:
bdubs wrote:
Here at CLS they release this information to the 1Ls every year before OCI starts
Yeah but that is in the summer,right? Not in December.

ExAnt3

New

Post by ExAnt3 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:37 pm

bdubs wrote:
ExAnt3 wrote:
bdubs wrote:
Yeah but that is in the summer,right? Not in December.
Yeah, they give it out around March/April. I took your post to mean that schools never released this information.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:03 pm

ExAnt3 wrote:Yeah, they give it out around March/April. I took your post to mean that schools never released this information.
No, they wait until summer because they don't want the people who struck out at OCI to freak out any more than they already are about having some sort of employment. I think my school includes non-OCI employment, particularly government, in the statistics it releases to the next class and it tries really hard to tell people to mass-mail, look at smaller firms, etc...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:20 pm

bdubs wrote:
ExAnt3 wrote:Yeah, they give it out around March/April. I took your post to mean that schools never released this information.
No, they wait until summer because they don't want the people who struck out at OCI to freak out any more than they already are about having some sort of employment. I think my school includes non-OCI employment, particularly government, in the statistics it releases to the next class and it tries really hard to tell people to mass-mail, look at smaller firms, etc...

"and it tries really hard to tell people to mass-mail, look at smaller firms, etc.." WONDER WHY?

ExAnt3

New

Post by ExAnt3 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:34 pm

bdubs wrote:
No, they wait until summer because...
No. I go to CLS, so I would know better than you when they give this info out.

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:37 pm

ExAnt3 wrote:
bdubs wrote:
No, they wait until summer because...
No. I go to CLS, so I would know better than you when they give this info out.
Ummmm OP never asked about CLS. Also, I am not saying CLS or any other school doesn't release information in the Spring, I'm saying they don't release until very close to the end of the school year. The "no" was referring to my school never releasing info about OCI results, not referring to CLS' practices.
Last edited by bdubs on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:40 pm

bdubs wrote:Ummmm OP never asked about CLS.
Last I checked, CLS counts as "any school."

Robespierre

Silver

Post by Robespierre » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:22 pm

http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNL ... 0905135744

http://newsandinsight.thomsonreuters.co ... ut_slowly/

These articles are all I know of regarding overall hiring trends for Summer 2012*. You're asking about Summer 2013?? I don't think there's anything out there and won't be 'till Feb-March.

*ETA: Except of course, for the NALP report on the Fall 2011 recruiting season, which I think everyone knows about: http://www.nalp.org/march12_perspectives_pr

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:43 pm

Robespierre wrote:You're asking about Summer 2013?? I don't think there's anything out there and won't be 'till Feb-March.
Schools could get the data together on the outcome of OCI much earlier than they do. They could have the Summer 2013 numbers now if they made it a priority. It is not that outrageous. I think they would prefer to have 0Ls in the dark while they are making their choices, though.

Robespierre

Silver

Post by Robespierre » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:26 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:
Robespierre wrote:You're asking about Summer 2013?? I don't think there's anything out there and won't be 'till Feb-March.
Schools could get the data together on the outcome of OCI much earlier than they do. They could have the Summer 2013 numbers now if they made it a priority. It is not that outrageous. I think they would prefer to have 0Ls in the dark while they are making their choices, though.
Oh absolutely I agree. All I meant is that the data's not available to us. Not that it's fair or that it couldn't be made available.

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:06 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:
In fact, they already (and maybe prematurely) sent out an EIP questionnaire months ago.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”