vacation scheme for jd? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

vacation scheme for jd?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:44 pm

Hi all, after striking out from OCI i started looking at British firms with foreign offices and realized that most of them offer a vacation scheme instead of summer associate program. I understand the a vacation scheme is much shorter but does it guarantee permanent employment like an SA position would, and are the salary for these foreign offices(in a major city like HK or a country such as Singapore, etc.) the same as the ones in NYC? I remember reading that the vacation scheme does not pay much but I'm wondering if full time positions would be liek that of big law in the US?

XxSpyKEx

Gold

Re: vacation scheme for jd?

Post by XxSpyKEx » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:15 pm

PM me.

EDIT- FWIW, if you're considering working in Britain solely because you struck out at OCI and think it's a lot easier to land a biglaw job on the other side of the pond, you're gravely mistaken.

Anonymous User

Re: vacation scheme for jd?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:55 pm

It might be easier if you have specific language skills. For example, being a mandarin speaker might help you out a lot in Hong Kong.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”