Questionable behavior by supervising attorney Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Chaucer1343

Bronze

Re: Questionable behavior by supervising attorney

Post by Chaucer1343 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:23 pm

BlaqBella wrote:
worldtraveler wrote:This dude is clearly trying to bone your gf. It had to be obvious to her. How much "legal advice" did she really need anyway?
Of course its obvious, and she is returning because she likes the aggression. OP, I hope you don't end up getting cucked.

Correction: I hope you don't end up getting Chucked.

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:36 pm

uvabro wrote:i wouldn't stay there EVEN IF I WAS GETTING PAID.
Spoken like someone who never left the safety net

uvabro

Bronze

Post by uvabro » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:38 pm

dingbat wrote:
uvabro wrote:i wouldn't stay there EVEN IF I WAS GETTING PAID.
Spoken like someone who never left the safety net
Untrue. I've been self sufficient for some time. I had a job (not law related) where one of my superiors attempted to screw my girlfriend at the time - she wanted a job, and it was basically a very flirtatious possible if sex -> job hire. I complained to the head who told me it wasn't any of my biz. I needed the job and the $ but said screw it. I lived like dirt for a while - no $ for anything, no new clothes. then i developed new skills and made more than i did previously. best choice i ever made. if i stayed there, i prob would have been laid off at some pt, and wouldnt have had the confidence to develop a new skill.

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:57 pm

YankeesFan wrote:I would use a discussion with Chuck about the compensation as a way out. Say that you feel like you've done work that deserves compensation and given him access to your Westlaw/Nexis accounts, which saved him tons of money. Be really nice and if he says no or blows up at you then just say you cannot continue to work without compensation given the work you are doing, but that you really enjoyed working for him.
This is also, as Chuck well knows, a crime. Yet another reason for OP to GTFO. Also, OP needs to change those passwords IMMEDIATELY. Fuck Chuck and his free-riding ass.

uvabro

Bronze

Post by uvabro » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:04 pm

SBL wrote:
YankeesFan wrote:I would use a discussion with Chuck about the compensation as a way out. Say that you feel like you've done work that deserves compensation and given him access to your Westlaw/Nexis accounts, which saved him tons of money. Be really nice and if he says no or blows up at you then just say you cannot continue to work without compensation given the work you are doing, but that you really enjoyed working for him.
This is also, as Chuck well knows, a crime. Yet another reason for OP to GTFO. Also, OP needs to change those passwords IMMEDIATELY. Fuck Chuck and his free-riding ass.
is it just me or do many of the shitlaw lawyers who succeed fit the stereotype of the shady weasely lawyer

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”