Timeline For Firms Still Interviewing Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Timeline For Firms Still Interviewing

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:23 pm

I'm still interviewing at some big law firms for a SA. Wondering if anyone had any idea how long it would take for a decision after callback interviews at this point in time? It's kind of late, so its not like they are really comparing between too many candidates, but I'm guessing the hiring committee probably doesn't meet as often. Unlikely that anyone will really have any insight, will they?

Anonymous User

Re: Timeline For Firms Still Interviewing

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:02 pm

I won't pretend to have any insight. In my case I know I was the last candidate interviewed and was called the next day. My guess (from this extremely small sample size) is they have the committee meet as close to the last interview as possible. I assume they want the process over with as much as you do.

Obviously this is no help tho unless you know when the last candidate interviews. I would say max is a week and a half tho and I might tip my hand that I would accept if offered.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:36 pm

Got two offers yesterday. One was one week after the CB, the other was 2 days after the CB.
At the same time, still haven't heard from a firm I interviewed with last Tuesday (they seem to still be deciding and are probably looking at all the late candidates) -- I no longer care because I wouldn't take it over the other 2 offers (or the one pending CB I have next week), but the timeline varies.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:17 pm

I had an offer yesterday weeks after CB. Another this morning from a CB Friday. I also had one rejection within one week last week. All large firms.

cls.2014

New

Post by cls.2014 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:18 am

what firms?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Albertthompson

New

Post by Albertthompson » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:08 am

Can you please clarify the firms? Law firms, medical firms which firm you are talking here. Only then we can help you.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:17 am

cls.2014 wrote:what firms?
Firms with 500+ attorneys in major markets.

cls.2014

New

Post by cls.2014 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:13 pm

mind PMing the names of the firms you already heard back from. i'm still job hunting.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”