2013 OCC Honors Program

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:26 pm

Bumping up for an update.

Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:34 pm

Looking for an update. Still quiet on my end.

Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:43 pm

all quiet here too. how many are there still waiting on this thread?

Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:53 pm

It looks like there are just two of us here. They have already sent out a few ding letters so now it seems like the final dings and offer calls will be sent out soon. I hate waiting...

Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:37 pm

I'm a third - still waiting.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:18 pm

I'm a fourth, also still waiting.

Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:14 pm

any updates from anyone? I'm the second still waiting...

Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:09 pm

First one still waiting. Nothing here either.

Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:47 am

Fourth one still waiting. I have heard nothing.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:06 pm

I'm the third, still waiting.

Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:21 pm

You guys all had callbacks right? I'm wondering if my application was lost after my screener. Haven't heard anything. Oh well. Is it unusual for the feds to just never respond at all?

Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:You guys all had callbacks right? I'm wondering if my application was lost after my screener. Haven't heard anything. Oh well. Is it unusual for the feds to just never respond at all?
This is really weird.

I had a callback interview in D.C. in early October. Not sure what they're procedures are about post-screener responses but I assume they have completed the callback rounds. If you haven't heard back after the screener I would contact the agency immediately.

LawIdiot86

Silver
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by LawIdiot86 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:You guys all had callbacks right? I'm wondering if my application was lost after my screener. Haven't heard anything. Oh well. Is it unusual for the feds to just never respond at all?
This is really weird.

I had a callback interview in D.C. in early October. Not sure what they're procedures are about post-screener responses but I assume they have completed the callback rounds. If you haven't heard back after the screener I would contact the agency immediately.
This is very common, particularly given the OCC does so many screeners relative to callbacks. You can call the agency, but we already know they've given out all their callbacks and are making/made the final decison. Some agencies wait until a job posting is closed (offers accepted) to send out a rejection and some never send out rejections. For those who haven't had callbacks yet, the OCC ship has sailed.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:19 pm

Bump to see if there is any movement.

Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:15 pm

1st responder. Still no word here. I'm getting nervous about the possibilities now seeing as they said offers would go out near Thanksgiving.

Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:42 pm

second poster still waiting. i was hoping that with four of us on here who weren't in the initial round of rejections, we would hear when some movement happened, but maybe not. every weekday it gets closer to 5pm becomes sadder and sadder the further from thanksgiving it gets. oh well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:41 pm

At my callback, they told me they do one round of offers at Thanksgiving and one round closer to Christmas if there are any unfilled spots. I'm guessing they give people a month to accept/reject, and don't do rolling offers.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:At my callback, they told me they do one round of offers at Thanksgiving and one round closer to Christmas if there are any unfilled spots. I'm guessing they give people a month to accept/reject, and don't do rolling offers.
Well, that's a little disheartening.

Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:10 pm

If anyone else has accepted an offer here, please respond! It would be great to virtually meet the people I'll be working with next Fall. For those of you who still have not heard, good luck!

Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If anyone else has accepted an offer here, please respond! It would be great to virtually meet the people I'll be working with next Fall. For those of you who still have not heard, good luck!
Are you the one who previously posted about accepting and hearing back earlier because you had another offer on the table? If not, when did you get your offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If anyone else has accepted an offer here, please respond! It would be great to virtually meet the people I'll be working with next Fall. For those of you who still have not heard, good luck!
Are you the one who previously posted about accepting and hearing back earlier because you had another offer on the table? If not, when did you get your offer?
Yes, I'm the one who previously posted.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If anyone else has accepted an offer here, please respond! It would be great to virtually meet the people I'll be working with next Fall. For those of you who still have not heard, good luck!
Are you the one who previously posted about accepting and hearing back earlier because you had another offer on the table? If not, when did you get your offer?
Yes, I'm the one who previously posted.
What office were you assigned to?

Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If anyone else has accepted an offer here, please respond! It would be great to virtually meet the people I'll be working with next Fall. For those of you who still have not heard, good luck!
Are you the one who previously posted about accepting and hearing back earlier because you had another offer on the table? If not, when did you get your offer?
Yes, I'm the one who previously posted.
What office were you assigned to?
I'll be in the Enforcement & Compliance division in the DC office.

Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:24 pm

For everyone else: Do you have outstanding offers with other employers or is the OCC an all-or-nothing type deal for your employment at this point?

Anonymous User
Posts: 351159
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2013 OCC Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:07 pm

Any word? Or are we holding out until Christmas to post updates.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”