Offer Confirmation Question Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Offer Confirmation Question

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:48 am

I received a call two Fridays ago (9/28) which offered me a SA. I accepted via phone a week ago (last Monday). However, other than that call, I have no documentation which confirms my SA offer or acceptance. I was told that a letter was in the mail on the 28th when I received the offer call, but I have still not received the letter. Should I email the recruiting contact to check up on this? I realize this is paranoid, but I just would like something physical which represents my SA position.

dingbat

Gold

Re: Offer Confirmation Question

Post by dingbat » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I received a call two Fridays ago (9/28) which offered me a SA. I accepted via phone a week ago (last Monday). However, other than that call, I have no documentation which confirms my SA offer or acceptance. I was told that a letter was in the mail on the 28th when I received the offer call, but I have still not received the letter. Should I email the recruiting contact to check up on this? I realize this is paranoid, but I just would like something physical which represents my SA position.
Send an email confirming that on X day you accepted the offer you received on 9/28. If you can recall who you spoke with, add their names. If you have a valid question, add it at the end, to make it look like your email has a purpose other than calling them out.
After the email has been sent (a day or two later) call and ask about the letter you never received.

(disclaimer: 1L)

r6_philly

Diamond

Re: Offer Confirmation Question

Post by r6_philly » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:49 pm

If they told you that you would receive a letter, I would call and inquire when 2 weeks are up. I have received a letter for all the offers (1L and 2L SA) and some of them had forms you are supposed to fill out and mail back. So just call and ask, and make sure you are not supposed to be doing something else.

That said, for 1L SA, I did not hear anything from the firm until May, a couple of weeks until I started, regarding conflict check. For 2L SA, expecting the same.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”