. Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Most common/worst typos you've seen or committed on job apps

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:On one of my job descriptions on my resume I only put one word. I think all I put was "Responsible" instead of "responsible for blah blah".
this is hilarious though which should be bonus points.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:28 am

Once got a resume from someone who apparently had a Masters in Pubic Administration. Always wondered what the coursework for that degree entailed...

sidhesadie

Bronze

Post by sidhesadie » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:Once got a resume from someone who apparently had a Masters in Pubic Administration. Always wondered what the coursework for that degree entailed...

Every time I see this (and I've seen it before, must be a common mistake!) I think of a friend of mine who has a masters in something related to Community Sexual Health. I don't know exactly what it is, but she does community sex ed programming...so basically it's pubic administration! lol

Myself

Silver

Post by Myself » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:40 am

Last edited by Myself on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Davidbentley

Bronze

Post by Davidbentley » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:10 am

When I was hiring folks, I had several misspell the job title. On the other hand, our application -- a form created and administered by an HR vendor who could not be hastened to correct it -- contained the phrase "please summerize your specific qualifications for this position."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tedalbany

Gold

Post by tedalbany » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:54 am

Davidbentley wrote:When I was hiring folks, I had several misspell the job title. On the other hand, our application -- a form created and administered by an HR vendor who could not be hastened to correct it -- contained the phrase "please summerize your specific qualifications for this position."
I've seen typos on many firm sites in the hiring sections ... the hypocrisy is astounding

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:21 am

TTRansfer wrote:My favorite was calling the recruiter Ms. when he was really a Mr. Not only did I do that in the cover letter, but I also did it in the email that I sent him 1) with the application and 2) with a follow up.

I never got a response good or bad. Maybe there is still a chance! :twisted:
For gender-ambiguous first names, it sometimes helps to see if they have a profile picture on LinkedIn or you can just greet them by their first names, which is what I typically do. But, I'm sure in your case he gets that a lot since most recruiters are female.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”