Options if you strike out instead of dropping out Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Options if you strike out instead of dropping out

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:56 pm

No idea what actually makes sense. Should you treat it like a primer for the race to clerkships and apply to reasonably cool federal judges for the summer?

Does that make any sense? I'm lost with the only thing to warm me being my pretty solid stats and debt. :)

Gorki

Silver

Re: Options if you strike out instead of dropping out

Post by Gorki » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:No idea what actually makes sense. Should you treat it like a primer for the race to clerkships and apply to reasonably cool federal judges for the summer?

Does that make any sense? I'm lost with the only thing to warm me being my pretty solid stats and debt. :)
I would modify this to any and all judges for the summer. I mean, if you get multiple offers, pick a "cool" judge, but may as well apply everywhere.

Alternatively you could apply to any/all "hiring" immediately positions for 2Ls as some of these mature into 40 hr a week summer gigs.

LawIdiot86

Silver

Re: Options if you strike out instead of dropping out

Post by LawIdiot86 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:No idea what actually makes sense. Should you treat it like a primer for the race to clerkships and apply to reasonably cool federal judges for the summer?

No, that doesn't make sense. A 2L judge summer is the second worst summer option ahead of RA. Doing a judge for 2L is like repeating 1L to learn more civ pro. Get an agency gig, work in-house, work for an association. Do something that gives you a credible field to apply to after law school.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”