Exit options and vault rankings Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Exit options and vault rankings

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:57 am

NYC corporate work. Fit is important but at what point do your exit options take a significant hit in terms of quality as you move down the rankings? I've seen people say they are pretty similar within the V15 (I.e. not a ton of difference between say Cravath v. Simpson v. Weil v. Latham v. Debevoise) but not much discussion beyond that. Thanks. And I'm curious about quality because I know they differ based on practice. More concerned about what the name on your resume does.

Anonymous User

Re: Exit options and vault rankings

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:03 am

Curious about this as well. Also, what can be done during your career to enhance your exit options? Work on a broad range of things? Work on high profile matters?

zonto

Bronze

Post by zonto » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:38 pm

Great use of anon here folks.

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:41 pm

I wonder if the first two posts are actually the same person, bumping his/her own thread. I think this happens not infrequently because of the anon option. LOL

I even saw one where someone using anon said 'I'm top 10% with LR and my question is blah blah blah' and the next post, also anon, said 'I'm also interested in the above question but I'm top 5% and LR' but it was actually the same poster, so they went to the lengths of making it seem to be different

Anyway, as to the question, what you do at your firm will affect your exit options so it is not a perfect correlation of the better the V ranking, the better the exit options, but there is a loose general relationship between the two.

lawyerwannabe

Silver

Post by lawyerwannabe » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:56 pm

First anon (and not the second ha).

Mainly just curious about choosing a V5 v V15 v V30. Is it just a general prestige bump or is there something tangible?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:03 pm

lawyerwannabe wrote:First anon (and not the second ha).

Mainly just curious about choosing a V5 v V15 v V30. Is it just a general prestige bump or is there something tangible?
What about those who only received offers at V90-V100 firms in Manhattan. Does that mean we are screwed as far as exit options are concerned?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”