Will I get an offer? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Will I get an offer?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:09 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:Had 9 callbacks last year at OCI and no offers. So it does happen. I would guess that you'll get one though. Good luck!
This terrifies me. I'm heading down a similar path. Did everything turn out okay with your job search?
Worked for state AG last summer (minimally paid), got offer to go back permanently, but doing fed clerkship instead. So, yes, so far it's worked out.
Glad to hear that. I am striking at t-14 with decent grades and it does not feel good at all. So strange how easy the fates of law school students differentiate; I know people with my grades getting V-10 and I just hope that someone, anyone, anywhere, will respond.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:Had 9 callbacks last year at OCI and no offers. So it does happen. I would guess that you'll get one though. Good luck!
This terrifies me. I'm heading down a similar path. Did everything turn out okay with your job search?
Worked for state AG last summer (minimally paid), got offer to go back permanently, but doing fed clerkship instead. So, yes, so far it's worked out.
Glad to hear that. I am striking at t-14 with decent grades and it does not feel good at all. So strange how easy the fates of law school students differentiate; I know people with my grades getting V-10 and I just hope that someone, anyone, anywhere, will respond.
Hang in there. Start doing apps for government and PI and keep mass mailing. Also, if you have decent enough grades, start getting to know the profs known to be good clerkship recommenders. Use the rest of this year to get all that stuff together and try to get a District Court clerkship.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:17 pm

OP here updating.

Still havent heard either way from any callbacks. Have picked up a couple of screeners through mass mailing so I guess that wasnt a waste of time. One of the screeners has turned into a callback. See what happens.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:43 pm

OP here updating.

Got an offer. Thanks to everyone for your support.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here updating.

Congrats!! Mind sharing which firm?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Myself

Silver

Post by Myself » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:48 pm

Last edited by Myself on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:OP here updating.

Congrats!! Mind sharing which firm?
OP here. Rather not as it is still my only offer and has a pretty small summer class.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”