The NALP Rule for Only Five Offers Open At One Time Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

The NALP Rule for Only Five Offers Open At One Time

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:19 pm

How can they check this? Do firms know when you've exceeded the five open offers?

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Re: The NALP Rule for Only Five Offers Open At One Time

Post by Bildungsroman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:21 pm

If you have 5 offers you should certainly know of at least a couple you're not going to accept. Don't hoard offers, tool.

PlessFightsFire

New

Post by PlessFightsFire » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:23 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:If you have 5 offers you should certainly know of at least a couple you're not going to accept. Don't hoard offers, tool.
This

Should I Transfer??

Bronze

Post by Should I Transfer?? » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:24 pm

You are a huge fucking tool.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:25 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:If you have 5 offers you should certainly know of at least a couple you're not going to accept. Don't hoard offers, tool.
OP. Not hoarding. I was received three callbacks today and yesterday, and it set my allowed amount over the five. I literally only have had two or three days with the offers, and am still comparing between three diff. cities. I was contacted by my counselor who told me to turn down my offers, because I'm holding up my classmates processing. I'm just curious how she knew I had these recent offers (when I didn't tell anyone) . . .
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Should I Transfer?? wrote:You are a huge fucking tool.
OP. Just FYI -- I turned down some offers tonight. Let's not jump to conclusions. I'm curious more about the methodology of how these offers are reported.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
OP. Not hoarding. I was received three callbacks today and yesterday, and it set my allowed amount over the five. I literally only have had two or three days with the offers, and am still comparing between three diff. cities. I was contacted by my counselor (at SLS) who told me to turn down my offers, because I'm holding up my classmates processing. I'm just curious how she knew I had these recent offers (when I didn't tell anyone) . . .
I'm sure your classmates were there begging for news on their CBs, so she called the firms for them. The firms said they liked your classmates, but had a quota and had already offered you. Way to be a dick to your classmates.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
OP. Not hoarding. I was received three callbacks today and yesterday, and it set my allowed amount over the five. I literally only have had two or three days with the offers, and am still comparing between three diff. cities. I was contacted by my counselor (at SLS) who told me to turn down my offers, because I'm holding up my classmates processing. I'm just curious how she knew I had these recent offers (when I didn't tell anyone) . . .
It's almost like OCS communicates with firms...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I'm sure your classmates were there begging for news on their CBs, so she called the firms for them. The firms said they liked your classmates, but had a quota and had already offered you. Way to be a dick to your classmates.

OP.

This makes sense. I'll go with that.

BTW: You have no idea what my circumstance is like, so let's not jump to hasty conclusions. I've turned down many offers already (six), all of which in the first two business days of notifications. I am only deciding between two firms at this point. (Our OCI ended very recently and I only finished my CBs last week.)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

anonymuss

New

Post by anonymuss » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote: I've turned down many offers already (six), all of which in the first two business days of notifications. I am only deciding between two firms at this point. (Our OCI ended very recently and I only finished my CBs last week.)
Stop making assumptions about the OP, who is so humble s/he feels the need to paranthetically quantify all of the offers they've turned down.

ca$hmoney69

New

Post by ca$hmoney69 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:47 pm

Should I Transfer?? wrote:You are a huge fucking tool.

EvilClinton

Bronze

Post by EvilClinton » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP.

BTW: You have no idea what my circumstance is like, so let's not jump to hasty conclusions. I've turned down many offers already (six), all of which in the first two business days of notifications. I am only deciding between two firms at this point. (Our OCI ended very recently and I only finished my CBs last week.)
This whole thing is a humble brag.

If you really want to know the answer just ask CSO.

But I agree with everyone else. You sound like a douche.

2014utLaw

New

Post by 2014utLaw » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:06 pm

Last edited by 2014utLaw on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:07 pm

I think you're okay as long as you decline in a reasonable amount of time. I'm sure they have had this problem before.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:51 pm

2014utLaw wrote:
EvilClinton wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:OP.

This whole thing is a humble brag.

If you really want to know the answer just ask CSO.

But I agree with everyone else. You sound like a douche.
An anonymous humblebrag?
Nope, it's an anonybrag.

apparentlynew

New

Post by apparentlynew » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:02 pm

The problem with the "anonybrag" label is that it discards the crucial "false humility" aspect of the humblebrag. I move to amend the term to "anumblebrag."

The reason there is a good chance this is pure anumblebrag is that your question answers itself.

Who knows you have offers? The firms who offered you, and anyone you tell. To whom do you systematically disclose offers (if you follow your school's rules)? OCS or CSO.

WHAT ELDRITCH CONNECTION MIGHT EXIST BETWEEN THE TWAIN

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:13 pm

apparentlynew wrote:The problem with the "anonybrag" label is that it discards the crucial "false humility" aspect of the humblebrag. I move to amend the term to "anumblebrag."

The reason there is a good chance this is pure anumblebrag is that your question answers itself.

Who knows you have offers? The firms who offered you, and anyone you tell. To whom do you systematically disclose offers (if you follow your school's rules)? OCS or CSO.

WHAT ELDRITCH CONNECTION MIGHT EXIST BETWEEN THE TWAIN
Oh you don't have to tell OCS for them to find out. In fact, you should be more upset if OCS isn't communicating with firms about offer statuses/open slots.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:51 pm

I held onto some offers until I had time to clear my head. But there's no reason to hold onto five. Sit down, think things through, and decline some of them.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”