Skadden NY vs Kirkland NY for lit Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Skadden NY vs Kirkland NY for lit?

Skadden
55%
Kirkland
45%

Total votes: 20

Anonymous User

Skadden NY vs Kirkland NY for lit

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:57 am

Definitely want lit, but not completely set on anything in particular. Interested in white collar and securities. Like everyone else, I'd like a good work environment. I've heard both places are fratty, but don't know much beyond that about social environment. Any past/present associate insight would be great.

Edit: In favor of Kirkland is the training program, bigger bonuses and (possibly?) better work environment. In favor of Skadden is its WCC group (if I choose to go into it) and exit options. If anyone has anything to say that speaks to any of that, that would also be helpful.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Skadden NY vs Kirkland NY for lit

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Definitely want lit, but not completely set on anything in particular. Interested in white collar and securities. Like everyone else, I'd like a good work environment. I've heard both places are fratty, but don't know much beyond that about social environment. Any past/present associate insight would be great.

Edit: In favor of Kirkland is the training program, bigger bonuses and (possibly?) better work environment. In favor of Skadden is its WCC group (if I choose to go into it) and exit options. If anyone has anything to say that speaks to that, that would also be helpful.
You don't "choose" WCC at Skadden, it chooses you. It's a really competitive group, and you should indicate interest in it early on. If you're into securities though, gen lit is an easy group to get.

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:You don't "choose" WCC at Skadden, it chooses you. It's a really competitive group, and you should indicate interest in it early on. If you're into securities though, gen lit is an easy group to get.
Could the person who posted this please PM me?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:13 pm

I'm the anon from above. I see you're a rising 3L - were you a Skadden summer too? I don't want to out myself when I'm saying less-than-stellar things about my employer, but feel free to disagree with my assessment if you feel otherwise.

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm the anon from above. I see you're a rising 3L - were you a Skadden summer too? I don't want to out myself when I'm saying less-than-stellar things about my employer, but feel free to disagree with my assessment if you feel otherwise.
No I did not summer at Skadden. I have a question about practice groups at Skadden, though. Not that I have any connections anyway, but I promise that I will not run to Skadden to tell them one of their future associates is talking abt them on TLS :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm the anon from above. I see you're a rising 3L - were you a Skadden summer too? I don't want to out myself when I'm saying less-than-stellar things about my employer, but feel free to disagree with my assessment if you feel otherwise.
Op here. Any insight you could give into life at the firm? A couple prospective summers told me they'd met some pretty miserable associates, although of course that happens everywhere.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:59 pm

bump. If people voting have time to drop a line as to reasoning, that'd help too. Tbh, I got a better general feeling from Kirkland when I visited, but of course it's hard to know too much about a firm when you've only met ~6 people there.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”