SullCrom vs Cravath for lit Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Which firm

SullCrom
21%
Cravath
38%
don't care
17%
other nyc v10
25%

Total votes: 24

Anonymous User

SullCrom vs Cravath for lit

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:23 pm

interest in antitrust, securities regulation, and white collar. also want to work with smartest people and do substantive work. also want a CoA clerkship

Anonymous User

Re: SullCrom vs Cravath for lit

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:34 pm

Cravath will give you more substantive work I'd say. They really seem to do less memos and hardly any doc review. As for all the rest, I dont know. Def two very different environments though in terms of fit. Which one did you feel most at home in??

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:05 pm

OP: Pick the one with the people, "culture," and program you liked the best. The rotation system at Cravath, if it's even close, should be make-or-break. If you like the idea and think you'll thrive, then Cravath it up. If you don't, S&C FTW. Both firms are awesome and good at litigating and you'll be splitting hairs that at best won't matter for you as a junior or at worst won't exist if you try to make a choice based on reputation/prestige/fanciness at this point.

The firm you pick, but especially as between these two, will *not* impact your clerkship applications in the slightest.
Anonymous User wrote:[Cravath] really seem to do less memos and hardly any doc review.
lololoollololoollololoollllololollololoollololo
ollololoollllololollololoooooo0lolololollolol
oollololoollololoollllololollololoollololoooo
o0lololololoollololoollllololollololollollollllo

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:28 pm

thesealocust wrote:OP: Pick the one with the people, "culture," and program you liked the best. The rotation system at Cravath, if it's even close, should be make-or-break. If you like the idea and think you'll thrive, then Cravath it up. If you don't, S&C FTW. Both firms are awesome and good at litigating and you'll be splitting hairs that at best won't matter for you as a junior or at worst won't exist if you try to make a choice based on reputation/prestige/fanciness at this point.

The firm you pick, but especially as between these two, will *not* impact your clerkship applications in the slightest.
I summered at Cravath, and this is pretty close to my answer, as well. The rotation system makes a big difference; whether you think it an advantage or not should inform your decision. FWIW, I think it has distinct disadvantages, but after spending the summer there I'm very happy with my choice and think its advantages far outweigh its disadvantages (at least as applied to myself).

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:32 pm

This decision comes down whether you want to wear a suit and tie every day or business casual.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:12 pm

ph14 wrote:This decision comes down whether you want to wear a suit and tie every day or business casual.
Suit and tie. But can I wear nice loafers?
Also, is CSM really seen as more elite/prestigious? Pretty much everyone I know with offers from one has an offer from the other. Should I treat them as equals in that respect and just pick on fit? Would picking either help or hurt CoA applications?

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
ph14 wrote:This decision comes down whether you want to wear a suit and tie every day or business casual.
Also, is CSM really seen as more elite/prestigious? Pretty much everyone I know with offers from one has an offer from the other. Should I treat them as equals in that respect and just pick on fit? Would picking either help or hurt CoA applications?
They're the same and it absolutely would not matter, except on the weird fringe scenario where a judge knows a firm or somebody at the firm knows a judge.

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:02 pm

thesealocust wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
They're the same and it absolutely would not matter, except on the weird fringe scenario where a judge knows a firm or somebody at the firm knows a judge.
+1. Law students need to relax on drawing such fine and nonexistent distinctions.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:38 am

but wait, which one is more dress formal?

forza

Gold

Post by forza » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:but wait, which one is more dress formal?
Cravath.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”