UCONN OCI Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

UCONN OCI

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:32 pm

Let's put our results in here.

Anonymous User

Re: UCONN OCI

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:51 am

Has anyone heard from Updike Kelly post-screener?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:07 pm

Its been radio silence for all CT firms that I've heard about CBs for so far. One partner at one of the big 4 told me as late as October :shock:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:07 pm

Post CB Dings at Murtha and Pullman. Interviewed late August.

frank galvin

New

Post by frank galvin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:10 pm

My experience last year was that they move very slow. The suggestion that final decisions may not be until October (perhaps late-October in some cases) is pretty accurate.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:49 pm

I would be delighted to hear whether anyone had something materialize from a resume collect.

(I did not, and am somewhat convinced that they are shams aimed at making the list of OCI employers look more impressive than it really is.)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:03 pm

Has anyone heard anything? Seems like there is nothing but silence on the CT front.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:07 pm

I had 2 CBs this week. Give these firms until the end of next week before getting antsy. They probably want to scope out the whole UConn batch before extending any initial offers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:15 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:58 pm

Anyone know of someone hearing from Hinckley after their screener...?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:05 pm

Any new movement out there? I know of a Murtha offer, a S&G offer, and a couple of offers from smaller local shops (think < 25 attorneys firmwide). The rest seem to be taking their sweet time.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:19 pm

Not Uconn, but I have a post CB rejection for Dat Pitney

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:20 pm

Wiggin offer.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:49 pm

The carnage: How bad is it? Are people still waiting?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:50 pm

anyone hear anything from proskauer rose?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:45 pm

So how'd we do? I'm still waiting to hear from two places, but its been 9 weeks and 16 weeks soooo :roll:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So how'd we do? I'm still waiting to hear from two places, but its been 9 weeks and 16 weeks soooo :roll:
About the same as last year. Roughly 16-18 people landed SAs, largely in Hartford. We have minimal pull in Boston, and none in NYC.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

skri65

Bronze

Post by skri65 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:42 pm

Last edited by skri65 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:25 pm

skri65 wrote:Potential 1L for next fall. Did it take top 10% to get a SA through OCI? I'm a 0L, ms in computer science and gunning for IP law. I'm thinking of taking a full ride at UCONN if I don't get in to BC/BU, but obviously I am worried about job prospects and if there is even a chance of getting to Boston from UCONN with the IP boost.
3L here. I'd head to BC or BU if possible. Your MS would be a boost and it would be possible to get something out of UConn (hey- we have an IP clinic, right? How bad could it be?) but if I could have done it over again I would have gone somewhere with more real-life opportunities nearby, and tried to maximize my externship experience. Getting a job isn't about grades or resumes- it's about who you know. And there just aren't that many people to know here in CT. Just my $.02.

skri65

Bronze

Post by skri65 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:33 pm

Last edited by skri65 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:29 pm

skri65 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
skri65 wrote:Potential 1L for next fall. Did it take top 10% to get a SA through OCI? I'm a 0L, ms in computer science and gunning for IP law. I'm thinking of taking a full ride at UCONN if I don't get in to BC/BU, but obviously I am worried about job prospects and if there is even a chance of getting to Boston from UCONN with the IP boost.
3L here. I'd head to BC or BU if possible. Your MS would be a boost and it would be possible to get something out of UConn (hey- we have an IP clinic, right? How bad could it be?) but if I could have done it over again I would have gone somewhere with more real-life opportunities nearby, and tried to maximize my externship experience. Getting a job isn't about grades or resumes- it's about who you know. And there just aren't that many people to know here in CT. Just my $.02.
Thanks, I plan on going to BC/BU if I get in, but it's around a 50/50 shot for me at BC (I'm exactly at median, to the hundredth of a point). I was curious if I don't get into these schools and UCONN is what is left for me, if UCONN at a low price could be worth it over schools like Suffolk and Northeastern for Boston. Thanks for your advice, this seems to be the thought process.
The odds of getting an SA in Boston were 5/150ish this year. Those who were successful are all viable valedictorian/salutatorian contenders. While yes, one of the chosen few was an IP candidate, that person has a hard-science Ph.D. from an exceptional school -- as well as a dazzling law school resume. Other IP-seeking people with hard science backgrounds did strike out.

DO NOT attend UConn unless you are completely at peace with the idea of practicing in Connecticut. Though the relatively low tuition may make it tempting, it's just not worth the risk of being unhappy with your statistically inevitable lot.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
The odds of getting an SA in Boston were 5/150ish this year. Those who were successful are all viable valedictorian/salutatorian contenders. While yes, one of the chosen few was an IP candidate, that person has a hard-science Ph.D. from an exceptional school -- as well as a dazzling law school resume. Other IP-seeking people with hard science backgrounds did strike out.

DO NOT attend UConn unless you are completely at peace with the idea of practicing in Connecticut. Though the relatively low tuition may make it tempting, it's just not worth the risk of being unhappy with your statistically inevitable lot.
3L from above here. I agree with this. DO NOT attend UConn with the goal of working anywhere other than Connecticut. Also, take a long, hard look at the current state of the Connecticut economy before you sign up.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
skri65 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks, I plan on going to BC/BU if I get in, but it's around a 50/50 shot for me at BC (I'm exactly at median, to the hundredth of a point). I was curious if I don't get into these schools and UCONN is what is left for me, if UCONN at a low price could be worth it over schools like Suffolk and Northeastern for Boston. Thanks for your advice, this seems to be the thought process.
I know this person, it's worth noting that got the job through Loyola PLIP, not OCI. UConn OCI is largely useless for IP folks because the regional firms that dominate OCI don't do real IP (and certainly no patents). A couple of firms from NYC and Boston do hire 1-3 students a year... (Fitzpatrick, Nutter, Proskauer).
Agreed 100%. I find UConn strangely more regional than other similarly ranked schools.

skri65

Bronze

Post by skri65 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:58 pm

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:41 am

Any updates for this year?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply